• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by RANGermanGuy

1. RANGermanGuy

Help with amplifier install

Appreciate your input! I was eventually planning on throwing a sub in there and before I do that I’ll make sure to get a different alternator. For now I don’t think I’d harm anything sticking with my current one, I’m just trying to juice up two little speakers haha. I’ll give it a try and I’ll...
  2. RANGermanGuy

Awesome! I will probably install without the capacitor but at some point I think I’ll upgrade my alternator so I can possibly install a sub as well. Thanks for the help and knowledge!
  3. RANGermanGuy

Hey thanks for your help, I am having a better understanding now. I’m pretty new to car audio so it’s nice to have people who know their stuff. Maybe you could answer this question- My head unit is also pretty much putting out the same numbers as yours is but sometimes I feel even when turned...
  4. RANGermanGuy

Ok I know this amplifier is way overkill for my situation but it’s what I’ve got. My question is, will I need to upgrade my alternator/battery if I’m only drawing about 400 watts to two front speakers (200 to each one) from that amplifier? My alternator can handle 95 amps. I am wondering if...
  5. RANGermanGuy

Horizontal Coil Pack Firing Order

Do you know the firing order for it?
  6. RANGermanGuy

In the comfort of my home with the truck in the garage. Thanks 😉
  7. RANGermanGuy

Ok that is what I was wondering. I have it hooked up- 1/5 2/6 3/4 It idles great, I drove it around the block and I can definitely feel an increase in response and power. It just had me thinking maybe it’s wrong and still operating correctly because these trucks can take a beating haha. Thanks...
  8. RANGermanGuy

I see no numbers showing the correct order on the new coil pack. The numbers on the old coil pack with a vertical plug were- 3/4 2/6 1/5 The problem is that there are two different coil packs that can be used, one being with a vertical plug and other with a horizontal plug. The vertical plugs...
  9. RANGermanGuy

I’ve just replaced my plugs, wires, and coil pack. I followed a thread of someone who seemed to know what they were talking about. From my understanding there is a different firing order for a coil pack with a vertical plug vs a horizontal plug. My truck had a vertical plug on the coil pack and...
  10. RANGermanGuy

Dust shield rubbing?

I noticed the dust shield is rubbing on my rear shock. What could be causing this?
  11. RANGermanGuy

Orange wire on back of stereo

Can someone tell me what this wire is and how to disconnect, trying to install a new stereo.
  12. RANGermanGuy

Identifying Positive + Negative Speaker Wires

Here is the correct order. Left wires being positive.
  13. RANGermanGuy

New speakers front to back with a new stereo is the goal.
  14. RANGermanGuy

This was the correct way for my ‘99. Luckily this was the method I followed before finding the other way.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad