• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Rangerman87

1. Rangerman87

Coolant hoses

What company carries silicone coolant hoses for the 91 to 94 explorer 4.0? I have the 4.0 radiator in my '88 supercab,puttin the topend back together and would rather use silicone hoses than the rubber crap.Thanks.:D
  2. Rangerman87

Transfer case

When I dropped the tranny/tcase to change out the clutch and slave cyl I decided to rebuild the shift motor.Now it's all back together and now the 4wd lights won't go off and it(4wd) won't engage.Basically the 4wd indicator stays lit and the 4 lo blinks.Maybe I didn't line up the marks just...
  3. Rangerman87

Cam

What kind of torque numbers are possible with a colt cams equipped 2 nine,don't care about a 4.0 swap,just wonderin' if anybody has done the cam swap and was/is impressed with the results.
  4. Rangerman87

Shifter parts

Where can I if I can at all get parts for the shifter on the mitsu 146.I'm talking about the foam pad w/gasket and rubber boot that's connected to the shifter.These parts are pretty well shot.I've gone on the ford site for parts and no joy.
  5. Rangerman87

Towing

How much trouble would the 2 nine have pulling a 4000lb vehicle?This is why I was asking about the colt cams high torque cam along w/p&P.Trust me I'd love to swap in a 4.0,I'm fairly mechanicly inclined and could easily install it but just need the cash,damn bills and car payment.
  6. Rangerman87

Swap

Have a question,a friend of mine has 2 3.8's with trannies and harness's,would the 3 eight bolt up to the fm 146 in my 88,it's a 4x.
  7. Rangerman87

More torque

How much more torque will the colt cams cam give the 2 nine,just wonderin'.I don't want responses such as swap in a 4.0,just would like to know what kind of improvement the cam will make.
  8. Rangerman87

Tach

I have a friend with an '88 4 cyl/5 spd 2wd ranger and he wants to know how to add a tach to it,it's an old work truck-no options.Any help would be great, thanks:headbang:
  9. Rangerman87

y pipe

This is kinda off the subject of 2 nines but I have a question,I have an '85 f150 w/351 and was wonderin where I can get a CALI LEGAL y pipe w/cat,it seems to be a PIA tryin' to find one, thanks
  10. Rangerman87

Scraping sound

After replacing the clutch in my '88 4x a few months ago I noticed a scraping sound when I'd be driving for maybe the past month.I thought maybe the brakes but they checked out ok and it seems to be coming from the bellhousing.I installed a crappa(napa)auto slave cyl,it leaked,put the ford one...
  11. Rangerman87

fuel pressure

the fuel pressure in my '88 2 nine sc seems a bit too high,by that i mean when i loosen the filler cap it has way too much built up pressure,what would cause it?
  12. Rangerman87

Head question

Just have one question,I took off the heads on my engine,2.9, and on the drivers side I noticed one valve was white and another green and they're on different cylinders,what would cause this.The seals are bad and gonna get replaced,my 2.8 had bad seals but the valves weren't discolored like...
  13. Rangerman87

Symptoms

What are some good signs of a clutch master cyl goin' out,any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks, Travis
  14. Rangerman87

Lil' bit more power

Is it worth it doin' the port&polish on the 2nine?Don't want to hear just drop in a 4.0,I'm happy with the engine I have but would like just a lil' more power out of it.Does cleaning up(smoothing) the throttle body help out.I bought a cherry '88 SC 4x for $1650,now is the throttlebody on my '87...
  15. Rangerman87

Headers

Have one question,is it really worth it putting headers on the 2nine?:headbang:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad