• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Rangered06

1. Rangered06

Time for a rebuild :(

well its official the 06 is gonna have her heart ripped out for a rebuild thanks to a bad timing tensioner. so im trying to gather all the parts before and just use her for short trips if needed thank god i bought my f150 as a back up. so far im looking at the timing chain set, high volume oil...
  2. Rangered06

saved from the scrap yard

So my boss was gonna take this old girl to the scrap yard after a firestone repair shop told him the engine had a broken crankshaft. i offered $200 and he took it so i towed it to my dads house down the street we looked it over and turns out the a/c pump was seized was able to fire her right up...
  3. Rangered06

sporatic rattle from engine compartment

I have been trying to figure out what this rattle is it happens at random rpms no matter low or high if truck is driving down the road. if i lift off the gas and get back on it usually stops the noise for a bit. the odd thing is that it doesn't do it all the time and doesn't matter if engine is...
  4. Rangered06

ranger milestone!

Well I get the best letter someone can get in the mail the other day. My 06 is finally payed off and officially mine title in hand. Have to say it is a great feeling.:yahoo::icon_cheers:
  5. Rangered06

went on my first camping trip!

well took my new camper on its maiden voyage and it was awesome she pulled like a dream and barely felt it behind my ranger. Was an awesome weekend but i only took one picture lol but have another weekend booked at hocking hills state park next month. Ill try to remember to get more pics...
  6. Rangered06

8.8 LS rebuild

so im replaceing the clutch packs in my LS 28-spline 8.8 and was wondering if anyone has used either of these kits to do it or could tell me which would be better to use? http://www.jegs.com/i/Ford-Racing/397/M-4700-B/10002/-1?parentProductId=748350 or...
  7. Rangered06

Tear Drop Trailer

i more then likely will be useing the pop up its what i originally wanted so we have room for the dogs as well but could never find any cheap enough.
  8. Rangered06

Tear Drop Trailer

sorry been kinda quiet on here lately about the build but was going through some major tooth pain and getting ready for some major work on my teeth to fix some issues starting the 1st. but anyway i may scrap the teardrop for now cause i just became the new owner of a 1976 starcraft pop up...
  9. Rangered06

Tear Drop Trailer

spent a little extra money on a much needed item to make it road worthy. the old 8" tires just dont cut it and were BADLY cracking and dry rotted so i upgraded it to 12" tires needless to say the stock fenders were to low lol gonna make up some new ones once i get the camper part built. old new
  10. Rangered06

Tear Drop Trailer

Way to put the pressure on lol JK thanks for subscribing :icon_cheers:
  11. Rangered06

Tear Drop Trailer

phase one is complete took and added some steel to strengthen the frame and added some pressure treated 1/2" plywood to act as a barrier for the camper to sit on and avoid road grime now i can start up on the actual camper :icon_cheers:
  12. Rangered06

Tear Drop Trailer

that be awesome thanks! well after a trip to the old mans LOL i came home with this not exactly what i wanted but couldnt pass up the price and with a little tlc will work just fine time to fire up the welder :icon_welder:
  13. Rangered06

Tear Drop Trailer

the frame is gonna denote the size of the teardrop its self kinda looking at going 5'x10' seeing how im 6'2" lol give me a little extra to move around but im also anal about building from the ground up and haveing everything at arms reach that i need lots of planning makes building a lot easier
  14. Rangered06

Tear Drop Trailer

had kind of a brain storm today when i realized my grandfather is a bit of a hoarder and has a few boat trailers in his yard which would give me a nice platform to start with definitely stronger then the HF trailers. what do you all think?
  15. Rangered06

Tear Drop Trailer

anyone know of any good places to get nice steel to build a trailer frame around NW ohio

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad