• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Rangerdave73

1. Rangerdave73

88 2.9 over heating

88 2.9 over heating and I don't know why - any help :icon_confused::icon_confused:
  2. Rangerdave73

Need a little code help

I have 88 2.9 with a code 64 ACT/IAT / vane air temp fault or circuit grounded where is it and what do ya'll think is the best fix :dunno:
  3. Rangerdave73

Over Head Console wiring quetions

I read the posts on this and the wires don't all match up. I have an OHC with auto dim mirror from a '99 Explorer I'm putting in my '88 Ranger.:icon_idea: I need two things: I need the wire diagram or color codes for it. I need help to know where to wire in for the speed sensor in my...
  4. Rangerdave73

Sun visors drooping???

Sun visors are drooping in my '88 Ranger. What can I do to fix them? The screws are tight??:icon_confused:
  5. Rangerdave73

how do I id gear ratio in my rear end

how do I id gear ratio in my rear end i have a '88 ranger that i'd like to see if I could get a little better fuel milage and I don't know what's under there
  6. Rangerdave73

Anyone in central Tx?

Waco,Temple,Killeen I35 corridor
  7. Rangerdave73

Will a lift kit on a '91 explorer work on my '88 Ranger?

Will a lift kit on a '91 explorer work on my '88 Ranger? I found it at the local U-pull wrecking yard and wondered if it would work with out much difficulty?
  8. Rangerdave73

'88 ranger transmission question

are the automatic transmissions from '88 and up interchangeable? and are they all compatable with a 2.9?
  9. Rangerdave73

7.5 differential question?!?!?!?!

what does it mean if the diff. locks up in reverse some times and chatters? I opened the rear end and there isn't any shavings or broken teeth. Is this an adjustment problem or pinion bearings or ????
  10. Rangerdave73

Auto > Manual Swap

I'm thinking about swapping my automatic for a manual. Any opinions? Suggestions? And a list of what I'd need from the salvage yard would be helpful!?
  11. Rangerdave73

HELP 2.9 Running rich ?????????????

I have a '88 ranger 2.9 runs very rough burning tons of fuel and lots of black smoke I have replaced the o2 sensor and the FPR pressure seems good at 32 what next I need some help :dunno::sad:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad