Recent content by Ranger_XL

1. Part Numbers for Motorcraft Products

I have the software suite from Mastercraft and Ford Motor Company that provides the parts numbers for all of the OEM parts for Rangers, F-150s, and Super-Duty trucks manufactured since 1968. Should anyone need assistance in identifying part numbers, I would gladly help.
  2. Hey Ford!!! Screw you guys!!!!

What is so terrible about the 3.0?
  3. Hey Ford!!! Screw you guys!!!!

The Vulcan is a terrific engine; slow, yes; fuel-efficient, no, not per se; virtually indestructible, yes!
  4. 2020 Ford Ranger (Australian Variant)

Correct; I did not say, whereas I typed.
  5. 2020 Ford Ranger (Australian Variant)

Has anyone seen the Ford Rangers (Utes) produced for the Australian market? Among the engine and transmission options, there is a 3.2-liter turbodiesel and a six-speed manual; with no additional research and development required since it is already manufactured for mass markets internationally...
  6. 2.3L ('83-'97) Alternator Options: 1996 Ranger XL (2.3 I4, M5OD, 4x4)

Options: TYC (New) ACDelco (New) Bosch (New) Motorcraft (Re-Manufactured) *I am having difficulty locating a new, Motorcraft alternator.
  7. Alternator Options for 1996 Ford Ranger XL (2.3 Lima, M5OD, 4x4)

Options: TYC (New) ACDelco (New) Bosch (New) Motorcraft (Re-Manufactured) *I am having difficulty locating a new, Motorcraft alternator.
  8. Overall Quality of Sherman Parts

Do you know of a source for OEM, Ford parts or better after-market parts?
  9. Overall Quality of Sherman Parts

Per the title, what is the overall quality of Sherman parts? I need to replace a radiator support and header panel. Are there better options, too? Overall quality and longevity are more important than initial cost, thank you.
  10. 2.3L ('83-'97) '96 2.3 Lima Tune-Up

Thank you, I had done what I stated above, and after reading the various articles, I only added a PCV valve; everything else was comprehensive.
  11. 2.3L ('83-'97) '96 2.3 Lima Tune-Up

Scott, Dirtman: what would you say to the EGR valve, O2 sensor, and ignition coil insofar as a part of tune-up?
  12. 2.3L ('83-'97) '96 2.3 Lima Tune-Up

The PCV valve is done, too; the only things not yet touched are the EGR valve, O2 sensors, and ignition coil.
  13. 2.3L ('83-'97) '96 2.3 Lima Tune-Up

A full tune-up is being done: spark plugs (double platinum), plug wires, water pump, radiator-clutch fan, tensioner, tensioner pulley, idler pulley, timing belt, alternator (went bad), alternator pulley, starter (going bad), battery, fuel filter, oil filter, air filter, oil change, and coolant...
  14. 2.3L ('83-'97) '96 2.3 Lima Tune-Up

When changing the spark plugs and plug wires, would it be more beneficial to change the ignition-control module as well?
  15. Pros/Cons of 3.0 Vulcan V6

Uncle Gump, how is the overall fitment? Do you alter or modify the bumper mounts?