• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by ranger_rick

1. Flareside step support bracket. Ideas?

i am switching out my old rusted out flareside box on my 2002 XLT 4x4. the tex box is in very good condition BUT the step support platforms are extremely rusty or rotted out completely. i thought about making new ones and was hoping someone had done one before and had a diagram or plans...
  2. Box Alternatives?

the box on my 2002 XLT Off Road (flareside) is rotting away. what are my options other than finding a salvage box?? are there any off road box kits or off road/prerunner style replacement boxes on market? thank you in advance RR
  3. SOHC Timing Chain Rattle & Oil Viscosity

My 106,xxx 4.0L SOHC has the dreaded timing chain rattle (rattles at start up and 2500-3500 rpm) I came across this thread (see below) and i want to give it a try. http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13532 But i am concerned that 10w40 might be too heavy...i dont want to...
  4. New member 2002 Ranger XLT Stepside

Hey everyone..recently inherited a 2002 Ranger XLT 4x4 Stepside - Off Road Edition. 4.0L. My mechanical experience includes vintage triumph motorcycle repair and restoration...and air cooled vw repair and restoration. The Ranger is in good shape but it does have some issues. Mechanically and...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad