• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Ranger4x4.0

1. Ranger4x4.0

4.0 Running Very Rich

Well once my mechanic throws in another set of injectors just to tell me that didn't work, I'm taking it back. I'm at a complete loss and im so frustrated. I guess I'm just gonna keep throwing parts at it until I give up and junk the truck I've had since I was 14.
  2. Ranger4x4.0

4.0 Running Very Rich

Thank you. I'm working on the truck now. ive been looking at pictures on Google of it, and it seems that it's on the passenger. And I remember seeing the blue cap for it all the time next to the coil pack. It was on the driver side. I flipped the fuel rail over to where it used to be. I looked...
  3. Ranger4x4.0

4.0 Running Very Rich

Another quick question. What side is the pressure test thing (shrader valve?) supposed to be on?
  4. Ranger4x4.0

4.0 Running Very Rich

Ok, so my mechanic called me and told me that I have the wrong injectors, and that the injectors should be from a 1997 ranger. It doesn't make sense because 97 should have the fuel pressure return setup, and 45 psi, and my truck is not that style.
  5. Ranger4x4.0

4.0 Running Very Rich

Just re-reading your comment. I know for a fact it's the returnless style, 65 psi and only one fuel line. I have yet to read any of the data. I plan to tomorrow. But I need help on how to read it. At idle, what should the o2 sensors, fuel trim and maf be reading? I can also record the live data...
  6. Ranger4x4.0

4.0 Running Very Rich

I talked to my mechanic. He's not going to charge me anything after the rebuild. He said he will fix it for free. I'm going to pick up a new computer. I have the part #, F87z12a650ahb, and my vin. Is that all I need to get the correct computer? I've never first hand bought a computer, and I know...
  7. Ranger4x4.0

4.0 Running Very Rich

Its returnless for sure. I'm going to take the truck back next week, and take it to another friend's house to store it so I can work on it myself and figure it out. I have no idea why it wouldn't throw a code. It definitely should, but I haven't had the chance to really go through the truck and...
  8. Ranger4x4.0

4.0 Running Very Rich

1998, from my understanding, was the first year for a purge damper thing on the fuel rail instead of a fpr, so it doesn't have an fpr. He did replace the purge damper though, did nothing.
  9. Ranger4x4.0

4.0 Running Very Rich

I am worried about the cats though, they can't be good after all this. And yes, I have my suspicion on the issue being the computer. And I told my mechanic this, and he doesn't think so. I don't wanna be mean to the dude and tell him how to do his job, but I've sunk over $3500 in it and it still...
  10. Ranger4x4.0

4.0 Running Very Rich

I mention it in my second paragraph. ZERO codes thrown between September 1st and now.
  11. Ranger4x4.0

4.0 Running Very Rich

Issue happened after the new pcm. Months after. And considering I paid $400 for it, I assume it was new. My mechanic bought it though. Again, the rich condition was happening before I had the engine rebuilt and before I put in brand new motorcraft injectors purchased from the dealer. After the...
  12. Ranger4x4.0

4.0 Running Very Rich

So I got to drive it, and correction, it drives like crap, misfiring probably due to fouled plugs. But no different. Still running very rich. And there's some white smoke mixed with black smoke out the tailpipe.
  13. Ranger4x4.0

4.0 Running Very Rich

I've got a 1998 Ranger 4.0. And it is running extremely rich. This might be a little long, but I want to include every detail leading up to this issue that me and my mechanic cannot figure out. I should mention here and now, through all this, ZERO codes were thrown, and everything checks out to...
  14. Ranger4x4.0

2014 Focus engine bay full of snow!

So Missouri is being hammered by Gia. There's already 8 inches of snow where I'm at and is supposed to continue snowing until tomorrow night. On my way home from work, there was a wreck so I took a gravel road that hasn't been plowed or driven on yet. The snow was above the bottom of my bumper...
  15. Ranger4x4.0

Rough/surging idle

I have a '98 4.0. It surges up and down rapidly, idles very high at 1500 and even 2000 rpms, or just barely running like its coughing at very low rpms and sometimes dies. I think it has something to do with the egr valve, the thing with a round top and a vacuum hose coming out from the top. I...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad