• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Ranger Mark

1. Ranger Mark

Bearings and Races

96 4 x 2, 3.0, Auto. Quick question, If I buy new rotors and bearings, is it necessary to change the races in the new rotor or do they not come with races installed?
  2. Ranger Mark

Reverse lights not working from N to R

'96 ranger, 3.0, 4x2 extended cab, 4r44e. Problem I'm having is the reverse lights come on when shifting from P to R, but don't come on when shifting from N to R. They did work a month ago. Anyone seen this before?
  3. Ranger Mark

My DUH moment!

I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere yet, probably just too simple for anyone to miss except me. '96 ranger 3.0 2x4 extended cab with 4r44e. Before you decide to pull apart your tranny, check your coolant level. My trans was slipping between 2nd and 3rd gears when it was warmed up and...
  4. Ranger Mark

1995 Ranger 3rd brake light LED issue

The more I think about this, it sounds like you have an induction issue. If the insulation is thin and it runs next to a large power wire you could theoretically induce enough voltage to slightly light the bulb. These wires run down the B pillar behind driver then along the floor.
  5. Ranger Mark

Wish i would've asked first!!!

Ok, so I want to separate the cargo light from the interior light switch. Running 2 led bulbs I figure I can wire directly from a power source through a SPST switch to the lights. Ok where is that pesky blk/pnk wire? Oh, here it is. Down the B pillar to the floor. Oh well, live and learn.
  6. Ranger Mark

1995 Ranger 3rd brake light LED issue

Just FYI, the ground is located at the dome light. At least mine is. '96 4x2
  7. Ranger Mark

96 Cargo light wiring diagram

Thanks Ron. I'm looking to put the cargo light on it's own switch. I don't like it tied to the dome light.
  8. Ranger Mark

96 Cargo light wiring diagram

Does anybody happen to have a wiring diagram for the cargo light on a 96 4x2 extended cab?
  9. Ranger Mark

1998 Ranger XLT dome light issue

Not sure on the 98 but on the 96 the dome and cargo share at the light switch. Check there before replacing the GEM. Maybe the cargo connection is bad.
  10. Ranger Mark

Electrical question

This is a little involved and maybe stupid but, here it goes. 2 scenarios: #1, You have a relay to let's say a light bar. Across the coil, 85 is wired to ground and power is run to a switch then down to 86. #2, same relay, same light bar. Wire from source through a fuse to 86. 85 is wired to...
  11. Ranger Mark

Engine removal questions

Looks like a taffy pull.
  12. Ranger Mark

3.0 rebuild?

Just did my head gaskets not too long ago. You can find my posts on here somewhere. Anyway, verify your block number first. I have a 99 engine in my 96 and lots of differences between them. Learned the hard way.
  13. Ranger Mark

Pull left

Thanks. For some reason I always thought if the front pulled you'd feel it through the steering wheel. But I'll start up front.
  14. Ranger Mark

Pull left

Had to brake fairly hard this morning and my truck drifted to the left. I say drifted because there was no pull on the steering wheel. Could this be caused by the rear drums? Just looking for a starting point.
  15. Ranger Mark

The conspiracy is real!!!

The only cancer I see in this state is all the liberal policies that are destroying it. I won't even think of going close to San Francisco anymore.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad