• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by rang-a-stang

1. rang-a-stang

SAS, trailing arms vs. 3 link vs. 4 link

If we do trailing arms, we will buy a kit. Probably one like this: https://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/R1841.html Plus https://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/PANKIT.html (understanding there is a lot more than just these 2 kits needed) The thing that sucks about D35's is the newest one is now 25...
  2. rang-a-stang

SOLD! 2 1/2” drop pitman arm

Nothing Juicey. My son's 86, standard cab, short box, 5speed, 4wd, v6 has 2" lift coils on the front and has been EATING it's front tires. Alignment shop says toe and camber are perfect when sitting on the rack (although caster is almost 0). Poking around on here, I started reading around about...
  3. rang-a-stang

DANGIT!! I got impatient and went the Fleabay and grabbed one late last night. I appreciate you digging that out, Bronson with Bronco and I would have 100% grabbed it if I wasn't so immature/impatient!
  4. rang-a-stang

Any chance you still have this? (please say yes, please say yes)
  5. rang-a-stang

Geart info gentlemen. Exactly what I am looking for!
  6. rang-a-stang

James Duff does still offer a kit and that is on the table. When I did my reading, it looks like about $2500 in parts but I can probably do about 90% of it in my garage.
  7. rang-a-stang

fair answer. We are tired of fighting with the TTB. As it is now, we need trailing arm drop brackets and/or longer trailing arms (truck currently has 0 caster) and a more dropped pitman arm. We want an air locker, unit bearings, better brake options, and stronger hubs. Adding drop brackets also...
  8. rang-a-stang

1989 ford Ranger coil springs

My 86 had tired old stock springs with 2" spacer to level it out. We broke a spacer when we hit a curb so we bought the Skyjacker coils part number 132X. They leveled us out a tiny bit too much but that was more becuase our rear leafs are sagged. We added some air shocks to help the rear...
  9. rang-a-stang

Planning out a SAS for our mostly daily driven 99% road/occasional overlanding 86 4wd, standard cab. What are the pros and cons of each of the 3 suspensions systems I listed in the title? We are not looking for max flex, we are looking for reliability, road driving characteristics, and...
  10. rang-a-stang

86 2.9 Runs SUPER rich when cold/open loop, runs amazing when operating temp/closed loop

Makes sense but driving it does warm the engine up quicker. If I used to let it idle until it was warm, it was a solid 15 minutes. Driving it, it take about 3 or 4 miles. (probably 5-10 mins)
  11. rang-a-stang

86 2.9 Runs SUPER rich when cold/open loop, runs amazing when operating temp/closed loop

I FIXED IT!!!! HOLY CATS! I got it!!! I went back to the start and just kept thinking about each step. Any vacuum leaks? What have I messed with, etc. Then it dawned on me, every time I would check for vacuum leaks I never thought to check the EGR valve mating flange! Pulled the cover off the...
  12. rang-a-stang

Nope. We have a stick. (sorry for the long delay in responding, work has been insane, I have not driven our Ranger in a month!)
  13. rang-a-stang

Pseudo Ranger Owner In SoCal!

So after a while, some changes: a) we moved to Boise from California (like 90% of the rest of the population of Boise) b) son nailed a curb about 8 months ago and broke the leveling pucks. So we replaced them with 2" lift coils, added lift brackets, and got it back on the road. c) My son bought...
  14. rang-a-stang

So after about 200 miles of driving with the PCV unhooked and the line plugged, no change in symptoms. Still runs super aweful when cold yet amazing when at operating temp. I guess this weekend, when I get home, I will warm it up and check for vacuum leaks again. Usually when I check for vacuum...
  15. rang-a-stang

Today is the first time I have driving it since the 8th. no real change since I plugged the PCV line other than the stone cold idle seems a little smoother but it still ran like crap as I drove away. I put a solid 100 miles on it today so I am hoping tomorrow when I drive it, it will run a...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad