• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by radtap

1. Looking for an exhaust manifold for a 1998 Mazda B2500 2.5L

From what I've read they're pretty much the same engine externally except for some electronics. The exhaust ports have the same bolt pattern and setup. I just need to know if it will fit and not hit anything before I dish out the dough
  2. Looking for an exhaust manifold for a 1998 Mazda B2500 2.5L

I've found a few manifolds online from different companies and the one that's caught my eye is this one. https://pacesetterexhaust.com/products/74-80-ford-pinto-75-78-mercury-capri-ii-82-92-ford-ranger-headers How ever it says it fits up to a 92, I've seen many other manifolds on summit as...
  3. Question about the 2.5L

So I've got a 98 ranger with the 2.5L, I want to cam it but I've learned there's an issue with valve stem size making it hard or outright impossible to fight a cam kit that'll work, is it possible to take the head off a 2.3L and use the numerous cam kits for those as the only other difference I...
  4. Question regarding 2.5L cams

I've never wanted to deal with turbos, I've set a couple up on my friends volvos and I never want to do it again, I hate having to plumb the oil, water and intercooler. If I went for boost is get the supercharger off a thunderbird but they're hard to find
  5. Question regarding 2.5L cams

I'm looking at this kit http://racerwalsh.com/product/2-3-hydraulic-roller-cam-kit-cam-followers-springs-retainers-lifters-rwa-1904/ Would this be fine to use or would I have to change more such as valves?
  6. Question regarding 2.5L cams

I've been looking into putting a bit beefier cam into the 2.5L in my 98 ranger and I've been looking around, so far my options are custom ground or a performance cam for the older pinto engines, I wanted to ask if fine to put a Pinto cam into the 98 2.5l, I swear I remember reading something...
  7. Trying to find options for an engine swap

When I found my truck the only reason I went with it is because it was in absolutely mint condition. I've thought about the turbo kit but I was worried about how much work that would be and I'm not too into the whole drilling holes in the pan to plumb oil around. I have found the exhaust...
  8. Trying to find options for an engine swap

So this is my first post here and I'm not all that knowledgeable about rangers, I've got a 98 Mazda B2500 as y'all know is literally just a Ranger. It's got the gutless 2.5L I4 and I want to change that motor out for something with a bit more power. I've got the 5 speed manual. I've seen people...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad