• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by racer1044

1. racer1044

Weekend warrior build thread.

So I have been on here quite a while and decided to finally make a build thread for the updates I have been working lately. A little background on the truck. I bought it stock 2 years ago for 500 bucks. Put in a new fuel pump and battery got it on the road drove it like that for a couple months...
  2. racer1044

Rancho radius arms on 6 inches of lift?

Ok so here is the deal I can get a killer deal on some rancho radius arms from a friend of mine. Before anyone bashes on how they break I know i've read all about it. My question is am i going to run into any issues on putting them on my truck with a 6 inch skyjacker lift? I planned to build a...
  3. racer1044

Stay ttb or sas for a DD

So with tax time right around the corner and some extra cash coming soon I am at a cross road for my truck. Im looking for some real world experience from you guys. I currently have a 89 super cab with a 28 spline 8.8 and dana 35 with stock 3.73 gearing. 6 inch skyjacker lift manual hubs and a...
  4. racer1044

2.9 headers worth it?

I got a set of pace setter headers for my 2.9 for free from a buddy. There in good shape and have the y pipe and everything. Is it worth it to put them in? I know pace setter isnt the best company out there. I don't have any issues right now with the factory manifolds. I just want some input...
  5. racer1044

rear drums 8.8

So I have ran into an issue involving drum brakes on my 8.8. In my parts look up from 94 and below we list one part number and from 95 and up we list a different part number for the shoes. They do appear different and the spring kits are different as well. The only thing that are the same are...
  6. racer1044

My 89 super cab

Finally finished up my lift and axle swap. Specs are 6 inch skyjacker lift up front bastard pack in the rear. Dana 35 up front and ranger 8.8 in the rear. The tires are super swampers 34x9.50 on stock wheels. Engine is stock other then drop in K&N and a thrush welded muffler. But anyways here...
  7. racer1044

dana 35 fill plug

I need to find a dana 35 front fill plug. The only place I can see to find one is lmc truck. The dana 28 one is different. I thought it was a 1/2 npt but that is way to small. Anyone have any ideas other then those stupid rubber expandable ones?
  8. racer1044

c clip part number

http://www.jeepersden.com/ds-42768-dana-28-93-model-35-outer-axle-hub-snap-ring/ Says dana 28 then 93 and up 35. Im confused I thought the snap rings where different sizes on the 28 and 35 axles. Got a used 35 and am rebuild want to make sure these will fit before I order them. These are the...
  9. racer1044

need some lift advice

I have an 89 ext cab 4wd ranger 5 speed 2.9. REcently bought a used 6 inch skyjakcer kit that came with beam drop brackets coils and radius arm drop brackets and pitman arm. I bought a dana 35 ttb front end and a 8.8 out of a 94 ranger. My question is what is the best way to get the lift out of...
  10. racer1044

Lift opinions

i recently just bought an 89 2.9 5 speed ex cab 4wd ranger. I have been reading up on them for the past few months. I had an 98 a few years back with a torsion bars cranked rear shackles and 33's. my question is should I go 4inch rough country lift and 33's? Or body lift plus the 2 inch rancho...
  11. racer1044

My 98 DD

I'm kinda new to the forums just thought I'd share some pics of my truck. 98 Ranger 3.0 speed. 2inch shackles in the rear tbar crank up glass pack with side exit. Cheap walmart lights up front and in the rear. 33inch wild country txrs. Painted hood it was all oxidized from the previous owner...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad