• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by ProjectMiniBeast

1. ProjectMiniBeast

1991 STX 4x4

Got some extra time today to get the front sway bar/end link bushings changed out on the truck. I have bushings for the rear sway bar and end links as well as new coil spring isolators to install also. When I put the new leafs in I'll do the same brand of bushings for the eyes of those also...
  2. ProjectMiniBeast

1991 STX 4x4

I gotcha! Super sharp truck man. You got it spot on. Mine is oxford white also but I have an f150 that is supposed to be colonial white and I'm torn on whether or not to keep it the original color or not. Here's the photos of the covers. If your needing one you can find the OEM light switch on...
  3. ProjectMiniBeast

1991 STX 4x4

E="BlackBII, post: 1948280, member: 705"] Awesome. There's probably a few of those decal kits available still if you want to restore it back to the original look. That one is part # F1TZ1320000AJ I believe, and it looks like green sales has some according to rearcounter.com I actually had...
  4. ProjectMiniBeast

Looking for new tires looking for recommendations

I've tended to stick with ATs because my truck sees more pavement than off-road and when I do take it on off-road trips it's usually light stuff and I don't really tackle any serious mud. I encounter muddy situations more on the family farm than anything.
  5. ProjectMiniBeast

Used the 4x4 finally

UOTE="ericbphoto, post: 1948138, member: 93265"] I'm pretty sure James has the original mechanical auto-locking hubs from Ford. He is just new to 4x4 and Rangers and has a lot of questions. Oh ok cool! I'd say he's in a good place to find information on these things. I suppose I should clarify...
  6. ProjectMiniBeast

Looking for new tires looking for recommendations

I've only ever owned one set of MT tires. They were the Federal Couriga MT and they were great for off-road use but were pretty swimmy on pavement. They wore pretty uneven and were LOUD but got the job done. Otherwise I've owned 2 sets of Cooper AT3 tires and they have been great for me. However...
  7. ProjectMiniBeast

Used the 4x4 finally

I'm not exactly sure what hubs you have. But Warn built the auto and manual hubs for Ford and badged them with Ford lettering. I have MileMarker hubs and haven't had any issue with water intrusion.
  8. ProjectMiniBeast

1991 STX 4x4

I'm trying to build this thread into something that I update regularly as I get things accomplished with my truck. I feel it necessary to give a little backstory on my Ranger. Here's a little history on my Ranger. I bought it in March of 2013 for $1800 off of Craigslist. It was all stock and...
  9. ProjectMiniBeast

Rooster the 1992 Ford Ranger XLT 2.9L 4X4

Sweet truck dude! Ive had my 1991 STX for years and I've just now gotten back to working on it. It's come a long way from what it was. I've got to finish the lift next weekend. I'm doing Skyjackers 2" suspension lift.
  10. ProjectMiniBeast

Hello from Cincinnati

I have been tempted to do that but I've decided to stick with easier bolt in stuff for this truck. I've got a 88 5.0 2wd F-150 to play with for 5.0 stuff lol
  11. ProjectMiniBeast

Hello from Cincinnati

Hello! I've always wanted to 2.3 turbo swap my 2.9. Maybe one day I'll be able to! :dntknw:
  12. ProjectMiniBeast

1991 STX 4x4

I have finally gotten back to working on my 1991 STX after a couple years of not being able to. :headbang: I have started by Installing a Skyjacker 2" suspension lift with their Black Max shocks and steering stabilizer. I've gotten the front coils and shocks in so far. Here are some before...
  13. ProjectMiniBeast

2004 3.0 Coolant smell & Odd idle

My 2004 Ranger Edge 3.0 Manual gives off a strong smell of hot coolant in the cab after hard acceleration. No leaks can be seen and no steam is coming from the tailpipe. Any ideas? It does use coolant as well. I can probably put a half gallon jug in every month. It also has a sort of rough idle...
  14. ProjectMiniBeast

2.9 ECT Sensor simple fix!

I have recently had some issues out of my 1991 2.9 auto Ranger STX 4x4. The truck when cold couldn't keep a good idle. It would drop to ~500 RPM and die at times if you didn't keep the throttle pressed. I hooked my code reader to the truck and got Code 51. This means the Engine Coolant...
  15. ProjectMiniBeast

2.9 Cold Idle Issue!

My 1991 2.9 auto Ranger has an issue when cold. When cold started, the idle starts at a normal high idle and then after about 1 second of that it drops to a super low idle and dies when put into gear. The only way to get it to go into gear without dying is to hold the throttle to bring the RPMs...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad