• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

professor229's latest activity

• Where I live in Minnesota we have a storage problem.... I am looking into all possibilities and have two sets of tires for most of my...
  • professor229 replied to the thread U joints.
    It is very possible that the frame was bent but I was told that the truck slid into the ditch, went on the passenger side and it was...
    • 100_0924.JPG
    • 100_0935.JPG
    Hey.... thanks for the great information!!! So here is what I did and am going to do... Fed Ex just emailed that my U joints will be...
    That is exactly what I intend to do as well.... My Dad's head mechanic had a way with U joints.... it was called a couple of sockets and...
  • professor229 replied to the thread New Ignition Key.
    I got the key cut at the local old school hardware store.... very reputable.... very knowledgable... and the gal that cut the key knew...
    Hey!!! thanks.... I went back to Rock Auto to look/think about some of their listings and think I have this figured out.... Please check...
    • new u joint chart.JPG
    I saw the picture of the ball joint press..... and most videos show the DIY guys using a large vise and two sockets like we did back in...
    • universal joint.JPG
  • professor229 posted the thread U joints in Axles Forum.
    Good morning.... I still have some noise coming from the back end and am pretty sure that it is the U joints.... and with 106,000 miles...
  • Thought I would take a chance and ordered a key blank for my 2004 Ranger.... supposedly, you take this key to a good old fashioned...
  • professor229 replied to the thread Sounds like a belt chirp.
    I agree..... and still don't know specifically what is/was chirping.... a "leftover" from the balancing device that was removed in the...
    Hey... don't have to..... I fabricated a part of my son's tractor's hydraulic joystick and that went so well that I crawled under the...
    I watched a video of a "collar" on the driveshaft that had come loose and the guy removed the collar and said this was a common problem...
    I have eliminated the cam sensor and idler pulley/belts etc. because the chirp is not coming from the engine compartment.... and you can...
    I thought about this chirp all the way to the lake.... and AlwaysFloored said it best... The chirp gets faster/slower relative to the...
    I also had a chirp.... first gear and it was a pronounced chirp... I thought from the engine compartment.... and when the tranny hit...
    • 100_0889.JPG

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad