• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by pontiacfieroguy

1. alternator swap question

I saw on this thread http://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/130_amp_alternator_upgrade.shtml that i can put a 130 amp alt on my 86 bII 2.9 if i cut the white wire on the plug but i don't have a white wire, i have one plug with 2 black wiress and one plug with a yellow wire and a green wire...
  2. help me get b2 running and need help identifying wiring

I just picked up an 86 b2 4wd with a newer 5spd trans, 89 2.9v6 manual hubs and tcase. The idiot that installed the new engine had some "interesting" ideas for wiring and eliminated the underhood fuse box and wrapped the wiring harness around the front output of the tcase, i found out about that...
  3. where to buy wiring harness

where can I buy a new wiring harness from the cab forward for an 89 ranger with a 2. 3and a 5spd
  4. brake issues

I'm having a major problem with the driver side drum brake on my 89 ranger. the lever that works the adjuster wheel has broken twice. a little back story, po replaced shoes and line but broke bleeder valve, I went to put a new wheel cylinder in and when I pulled the drum off the hold down spring...
  5. headlight housing interchangability question

the headlight housing on my 89 ranger melted. will the housing from a 93 explorer work? I have access to a donor but its a 20 mile drive and it would be great if I could find out in advance.
  6. axle swap to drop interchangability question

I know the feeling, I was working 12 hour days 7 days a week, I went three months straight without a day off plus I was playing in a dart league three nights a week so I rarely got to bed before 1 and got up at 4:30. hell I got up about eight friday morning, worked in the yard and on the ranger...
  7. axle swap to drop interchangability question

will I need pinion shims or will my driveline angle be acceptable?
  8. axle swap to drop interchangability question

gabriel guardian 81490. any certain year and model hard body shocks preferable?
  9. axle swap to drop interchangability question

this sucks, I replaced my front shocks with what were supposed to be factory replacements but they were damn near an inch and a half longer than the ones that were on it. I called autozone back and they said its the right part number and didn't want to exchange them for a shorter shock. since...
  10. axle swap to drop interchangability question

No worries about the jacking, I started it. my only real concern is about if my driveshaft will bolt up to the 8.8. I can't afford to start the swap just to findout I don't have everything I need to do it. so far from what I understand I just need the axle and an extra passenger side mounting...
  11. axle swap to drop interchangability question

that looks great josh. thanks for yhe rep dg, says I must spread rep.
  12. axle swap to drop interchangability question

probably 75% on road with a little open field/dirt road/ extremely light trail thrown in. don't want to do a transaxle, it will be a traditional rear drive layout. vw was my first thought on front suspension but don't know if it could handle the weight of a 4.0 up front. damn all this talk has...
  13. axle swap to drop interchangability question

I'm a redneck not an engineer so I usually overbuild everything and I'm a 300 pounder so I was taking that into account. got any ideas for a good donor front suspension? it will be awhile before I start on anything like this but its never too early to start collecting parts
  14. axle swap to drop interchangability question

I'm thinking much smaller than a chenworth, as close to gocart size as possible. I figure 200hp+/- in something weighing around 1200-1500lbs max could be fun and tubing is cheap enough. super short wheelbase like transmission almost connected directly to rearend short.
  15. Offical Knife discussion/picture thread

http://m1076.photobucket.com/albumview/albums/pontiacfieroguy1/688dc0da.jpg.html?o=3&newest=1 carry this cheap pos frost cutlery, fits my hand extremely well, has the type of lock I like and a thumb stud. this one I made at my first attempt at blacksmithing. I know its not very good but I love...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad