• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by PMitchell08

1. Support the REPAIR Act

https://www.sema.org/news-media/enews/2022/28/ask-congress-protect-your-right-modify-co-sponsoring-repair-act Wanted to add the endorsement from SEMA here. If you are passionately against government regulation of any variety, I understand that worldview and don't expect you to support this...
  2. Support the REPAIR Act

Under the current system, the service manager will simply say "it's is a service that requires specialized tools and procedures that only dealerships have." I agree with you on what they're supposed to do, but do you really believe an average one does that? I understand that this is your...
  3. Support the REPAIR Act

$8,000/year seems reasonable for that amount of information and training, I would be concerned if a shop was investing less to keep their staff qualified. As the owner of my vehicles, I will make the risk-benefit analysis myself when I decide on DIY vs private shop vs dealer service department...
  4. Support the REPAIR Act

🍻 I hope the right to repair gains traction in Canada and the rest of the world too. 👍🏻
  5. Support the REPAIR Act

Thanks for the reply, I completely understand the raised eyebrows. I'm not an activist or keyboard crusader, but I can see how it might look that way with a post like this in a mostly technical forum. I am not a frequent poster at TRS simply because in the 12 years I've been a member...
  6. Support the REPAIR Act

I apologize for all of the confusion, I realize now that I didn't provide sufficient background. I made a bad assumption that the issues surrounding the right to repair and some manufacturers' moves to undermine the right to repair were pretty well-known in most forums. On rangers, yes it is...
  7. Support the REPAIR Act

A bill titled the "Right to Equitable and Professional Auto Industry Repair (REPAIR) Act" has been proposed in the US house of representatives with six republican and six democratic co-sponsors. It requires vehicle manufacturers to make service information available to consumers and 3rd-party...
  8. Tools needed for Ball Joint Replacement ('98 4x4).

Hello to the helpful members of TRS, I have a 1998 Ranger Extended Cab 4x4 3.0L 5-speed, torsion bar front end, 155K miles, and it is now way past due for lower balljoints, and upper control arms/balljoints. I recently moved from Ohio to Texas, and having gone from a house to an apartment, I...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad