• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by plaligraphy

1. plaligraphy

Bumper delete? 1990

So i saw a ranger with a “bumper delete” of sorts, where would i buy that? Or is that a diy plate and welder thing. I hate using this as an example but eh Thank y’all
  2. plaligraphy

A4LD Port plug question?

Yep, even after almost 30 years the oil pan gasket doesn’t leak and, to my knowledge it was replaced 10 years ago soooo. Fel-Pro makes their shit to last!
  3. plaligraphy

A4LD Port plug question?

Got it, Thank you!
  4. plaligraphy

A4LD Port plug question?

To be fair it was rebuilt by a shop about 5k ago 😂 The ol 2.9 doesn’t even leak! It shocking for such an old truck
  5. plaligraphy

A4LD Port plug question?

Sorry for the poor image position i had to crawl under to look, It’s a 90 ranger towards the tail shaft of the A4LD. Here’s a better image with the tranny pan bolts in view Thank you
  6. plaligraphy

A4LD Port plug question?

What is this plug right above the shift linkage for? Could i possibly use it for my trans temp gauge? Thank you 90’ Ranger A4LD
  7. plaligraphy

A4LD Transmission temp gauge

How would i hook up the sender for my autometer trans temp gauge without having to drill a hole in the stamped pan, i don’t trust that it won’t leak. 90’ Ranger A4LD
  8. plaligraphy

2.3L ('83-'97) Building a 2.3

I currently only have a machined block. I'm in the planning stages at the moment, I just found a 2.3 A4LD bellhousing that an old trans shop had on marketplace. Thank you scotts90ranger I'll do some research on DIY efi!
  9. plaligraphy

2.3L ('83-'97) Building a 2.3

I'm attempting to build a turbo 2.3l. I have a 1996 block with a dual spark head and im wondering how I could swap it into my 1990? I'd be putting it behind my A4LD thats currently behind a 2.9l. Would it be smart to go Carb and Distributor or attempt to keep the coil pack setup ford had...
  10. plaligraphy

Rostra Cruise Install on a 1990 Ranger?

Thank you! My local junkyard has a wack ton of 2nd gen Rangers. Is there a part list somewhere of what I would need to do the factory conversion?
  11. plaligraphy

New from Oregon

Hello all! I bought my 1990 ranger as a project knowing the trans was bad. I've since had it rebuilt and have done minor work to the 2.9l It currently sits on 225/70/15s
  12. plaligraphy

Rostra Cruise Install on a 1990 Ranger?

How bad is the install process for the rostra kit? (Link to Rostra Kit) It looks decently simple but I'm not the best with electrical work Thank you!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad