• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by pjtoledo

1. pjtoledo

2.3L ('02-'11) found oily piston, but not source of oil

still in the process of swapping a 2.3 Duratec in my 2005. waiting for parts so I decided to pull the head off the tired original engine. 367,500 miles, massive oil consumption, plug #1 oil fouls, only 75 PSI of compression on #1. the other 3 are good. sure enough, #1 is covered with oil. I...
  2. pjtoledo

Will it hurt my engine or not?

fun for all quest how do you define cetane?
  3. pjtoledo

2.3L ('02-'11) swapping intakes on the 2.3 to get rid of swirl plates

that weird funky thing is where the 3 hoses attach. it's removed with 2 screws for easier access to the hoses. the big hose is the vapors from the PCV , 2 smaller hoses are coolant to heat the tube where it enters the intake. the actual PCV is mounted on the oil separator.
  4. pjtoledo

Project Putt Putt: 2002 B3000 4x4 swap thread

I got one out with a large punch. had to keep dressing the tip for a good bite. the last one I did I have a Tekton 41mm 3/4 drive socket that's 2.185" O.D. / 55.5mm that catches the race and passes thru the housing.
  5. pjtoledo

Niece drove her first car with no oil ! = clanking...

modern catalytic converters clean up lots of oil. you can have no clue how bad oil consumption is just by looking at the exhaust.
  6. pjtoledo

Panhandle 98 ranger XLT stepside.

must be white???
  7. pjtoledo

What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

I have another one "almost" ready to go in.
  8. pjtoledo

on a 2002 manifold the flappers come in separate housings. the housings are needed to form the channel for the green intake port gaskets, and to match the shape of the head ports. they also locate the bushings for the square shaft. there are several bushings, small at the actuator, larger...
  9. pjtoledo

Ranger fuel problem

hello what country are you in? is the Ranger gasoline or diesel powered? if it is a diesel I would check for algae in the fuel tank.
  10. pjtoledo

in my situation I'll be putting a 2002 2.3 engine with a 2005 intake manifold in a 2005 Ranger. should be OK. for cozz I'd suggest just removing flappers and leaving the rod % mechanism in. I'd have to look at the 2002 manifold again to see what holds the rod bushings in place. or if needed...
  11. pjtoledo

I'm about ready to put a 2005 manifold on a 2002. if I remember where I stashed the 2002 I could compare them.
  12. pjtoledo

Did someone throw away my Camber Bolt parts? Upper Control arm.

one of my Rangers came with the square camber "adjuster plates" from the factory. there is a whole set of them with the holes displaced more in each different one. those plates don't adjust the camber, they lock it in. when the truck was manufactured the camber was set, then the plate that fit...
  13. pjtoledo

organizing things for the engine swap. gotta make the right one look like the how left used to. the hardest part will be finding all the small stuff that I've been buying for the last few years .
  14. pjtoledo

475,000 mile F7 rear axle

the horn part is what hits the bump stop. that's factory equipment.
  15. pjtoledo

2005 2.3,manual. about 367,500 miles. cylinder #1 is very tired. I left the tranny in. it's still attached to the cross member, front is at normal height. there is plenty of room to get the 2 upper bell housing bolts if you use a 30" extension with wobble socket. go over the tranny, you will...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad