• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by pjtoledo

1. pjtoledo

MAB3L, the most reasonable truck on the road!

from my old mail info, contact for tuning several years ago. Adam Marrer adam@popsracing.com www.popsracing.com that does not appear as a secure site.
  2. pjtoledo

it also had twice as many valves and a fancy (for it's time) dual runner intake. valve lift was only .335" & .315" I & E. the intakes on the 3.2 had .315" for the intakes and had more torque.
  3. pjtoledo

since you mentioned tuning,, I seem to remember a few years ago there was someone willing to tune factory 3.0 PCMs, but the specific details are a bit fuzzy now. he may have been in Pennsylvania, maybe that sounds familiar to someone.
  4. pjtoledo

Dana 35 front diff pinion seal help...

technically yes, ( I have lots of hammers) but the results won't be optimal. I do mount the yolks in a vise and attempt to polish the surface with very fine paper and compound. a thick shoestring applies even pressure and gives you a workout.
  5. pjtoledo

Pop up add

why are you complaining?
  6. pjtoledo

Ignition switch trouble (electrical gremlin in the starting system)

cheap stuff to check,, loosen, wiggle, inspect, clean, retighten battery cables, both ends. same with trigger wire at starter. peel some insulation back, look for corrosion or loose crimps. one of my tricks is to slightly smush the female connectors for a better grip on the spade lugs. then go...
  7. pjtoledo

Explorer Sport trac brake upgrade for Ranger Help needed badly

the roller bearing pictured is for the outer set. in the helpful hint files... new hub/rotor units that have the races pre-installed can be very difficult to remove the races. the hub casting does not always have cut-outs or slots allowing access to the race with tools. the hub pictured is one...
  8. pjtoledo

Have you ever seen a.......

when camping is it not acceptable to climb over someone?? :yahoo: quite unusual to see a Buick used for custom work.
  9. pjtoledo

Dana 35 front diff pinion seal help...

I'm going to try shifting the wear groove by putting a machine bushing behind the yolk. that will push the yolk out about 1/16"
  10. pjtoledo

2001 3.0 manual trans parts please

most of us just replace it with a used one. searching brings up a few sources for parts. "ford m50d transmission parts"
  11. pjtoledo

Engine noise help!!!

that does not sound good. get a listening device, stethoscope, small hose, whatever, and move it around. +1 on the belt removal.
  12. pjtoledo

2.3L ('02-'11) Low rpm misfire

how many miles? does it occur at idle, part throttle, full throttle? what do the spark plugs look like? how is oil consumption? has the PCV valve been changed recently?
  13. pjtoledo

What did YOU do today?

the bad experience was a couple years ago. I've had morning appointments ever since. sounds like your situation is much worse, I'm basically in the monitor and use drops category.
  14. pjtoledo

What did YOU do today?

went to the optometrist for checkup, I'm good to go for a while yet. helpful hint: do not schedule an appointment for late day/evening if you're going to get the eyes dilated. during low light, when street light and headlights are on, dilated eyes will see these as huge fuzzy orbs about 4-6...
  15. pjtoledo

What is leaking? 3.0 ranger 1993

you can purchase, rent, or borrow cooling system pressure testers from various auto parts retailers. that allows you to pressurize the cooling system without the engine running. much safer when you need to get up close to find the leaks.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad