• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

pjtoledo's latest activity

• pjtoledo
    pjtoledo replied to the thread New member.
    there is a bracket on the transmission the shifting cable runs thru. it has an adjustment range to match the transmission with the gear...
  • pjtoledo
    pjtoledo replied to the thread Snow!.
    cabin fever set in already, eh?
  • pjtoledo
    pjtoledo replied to the thread Spindle lift road noise.
    since I don't have a torch set this is what I've done a few times. on most bushings the inner sleeve has a slit from front to back. you...
    • 2021-11-14 13.09.20.jpg
    • 2021-11-14 13.09.57.jpg
  • pjtoledo
    pjtoledo replied to the thread Spindle lift road noise.
    for the big ring that looks like the inside of the hub was rubbing on the shaft. the smaller ring would require exploratory surgery. I...
  • pjtoledo
    pjtoledo replied to the thread My 1997 Ranger 3.0 4x4.
    "classic" drum style parking brakes don't work well in reverse, always been that way. it's because of how pressure applied...
  • pjtoledo
    pjtoledo replied to the thread Snow!.
    so far less than an inch in Toledo
  • pjtoledo
    those are seat belt anchor bolts the cable is attached to. the other end of the cable attaches to the missing bolt in the cage-looking...
  • pjtoledo
    pjtoledo reacted to stmitch's post in the thread Duratec 2.3 reliability with Like Like.
    The Duratec is probably the most modern engine Ford put in the older Rangers. They make more power and torque than the older Lima 4...
  • pjtoledo
    pjtoledo replied to the thread Engine rpm.
    I'm 68, if I'm remembering correctly
  • pjtoledo
    pjtoledo reacted to ericbphoto's post in the thread New rotor is slightly wobbly with Like Like.
    The torque spec for lug nuts is only around 100
  • pjtoledo
    pjtoledo replied to the thread TRS Word Association Game.
    TEA (I seldom drink alcohol)
  • pjtoledo
    pjtoledo replied to the thread Engine rpm.
    it's a slow night, plenty of time to waste crunching worthless numbers, soooo, mathematically a 26.8" tire would be 2105 engine rpms @...
  • pjtoledo
    pjtoledo replied to the thread Duratec 2.3 reliability.
    that may be due in part to a massive balance mechanism in the crankcase. or at least the '10 Fusion 2.5 engine has one.
    • 2017-09-29 18.11.44.jpg
  • pjtoledo
    pjtoledo replied to the thread E85.
    Yep, for certain years, (IDK ???) the ECM received input from the flex fuel sensor/alcohol content gizmo in the fuel line.
  • pjtoledo
    pjtoledo replied to the thread New rotor is slightly wobbly.
    I always lube the wheel studs with oil then grease the mating surface. then torque to 85 in 3 steps. If I were to track the vehicle I'd...