• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Pix3L8

1. Pix3L8

Facebook marketplace sucks

I’ve done a few clutch jobs on rangers/biis, it’s not a huge job just time intensive. The trick was lowering the tranny down with a crane through the shifter hole in the floor. Made dropping the tranny so much easier.
  2. Pix3L8

I put in the manual because I love driving them but your right, a lot of people “could drive manual” but just managed to burn clutch around the neighborhood. I figured at this rate ide need a new clutch before I sold the truck.
  3. Pix3L8

Home depot- ryobi 4ah battery 2 pack + free tool 100$

Stick with Milwaukee and you'll be just fine, I put my tools through hell and they keep purring right along. Not trying to bash Ryobi, just never had good luck with their electric tools.
  4. Pix3L8

Will it hurt my engine or not?

My 4runner askes for 87 but can run on 91 interchangeably according to toyota. The only REAL difference as stated a few times in this thread is the ignition timing being advanced or retarded by the knock sensor. Unless the vehicle explicitly states "super unleaded" you are good to run 87. Octane...
  5. Pix3L8

maybe ill give CL a try again, all these platforms have too many scammers on them.
  6. Pix3L8

About a year ago I was kicking around the idea of selling my b2. I threw it up on marketplace and had a pretty disheartening experience with people just wanting to beat on my truck for 15 minutes and then leave without even a callback. I took it off MP for the winter and have been so busy...
  7. Pix3L8

First and 2nd gen ICM modules

So I’m half heartedly looking around for another ICM for my bii. The problem is I have a literal box with burnt up ones I’ve gotten from various parts stores. I usually get a year or less out of them before they go bumpkis. Does anyone have a good source for a GOOD ICM? I’ve used cardone...
  8. Pix3L8

ever buy tools that you will probably never need?

I’ve probably got a 10mm I could donate, you’ll need to find it in the shop though..good luck
  9. Pix3L8

Supporting member upgrade

Hi all, the past year I bought the SM upgrade. I noticed my subscription had lapsed so I purchased it again this week but I don’t have the banner anymore and I’m still seeing ads. Anyone else having this issue??? The payment went through on my card so I’m not sure whats up. -Jon
  10. Pix3L8

2.9L key on fuel prime 5min

i would also like to know, I’m looking for a good aftermarket PCM
  11. Pix3L8

2.9l giving me a headache

update for you guys: im still trying to figure out this PCM or electrical issue but as some of you pointed out the fuel issue needs addressing too. I went over to the parts store and snagged a fuel pressure regulator. With the new regulator, the truck idled at 25psi, I'm assuming this new reg is...
  12. Pix3L8

Spent a few hours cleaning every engine ground and PCM ground I could find. The result is my rear defroster now works again but everything else is the same. Will report back later once I test more of the electrical harness.
  13. Pix3L8

I messed with the truck for 4 hours last night, just testing things, listening, driving it with no real luck. When I would pull codes they would change every time I did it. KOER got everything from MAP to Fuel pump issues to electrical faults etc etc etc. every time I ran the test I got...
  14. Pix3L8

That symptom was present before and after I replaced my fuel pump. I did injectors last year, and a fuel filter a few weeks ago. FP regulator isn’t showing signs of failure but what else should I be looking at for a pressure loss issue? My Schrader valve has always leaked and I have a bike tire...
  15. Pix3L8

My truck is the late model so I only have the one fuel pump, but it’s possible some crap made it’s way to the fuel injectors. It’s just such a strange problem. Sometimes it fires up perfect, other times it struggles and then died later on. No consistency. I’m still trouble shooting

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad