• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by piedrarock

1. Eec-v 5.0l into an eec-iv Ranger wiring options

Hi again, I have searched for companies here on trs re: standalone harnesses , ( painless wiring , ron francis )etc but no go for 91 4.0l . Is there a company or website that you might recommend?
  2. O2 sensor(s) and dual exhaust 91 4.0.L

It was only a wild guess that you worked on a ford or two .thanks on your suggestion for the second one , can i ask about manner of switching back and forth for monitoring .?I plan to look up your suggestion with broad band , but since I am here and just finished reading your post , why not...
  3. O2 sensor(s) and dual exhaust 91 4.0.L

Hi RonD , thanks for your ever always easy to understand explanations . When I order an o2 sensor , are they mostly universal , or is there certian sizes and or capacity to geta good read on the o2? I will get the clamp on type that i can put onto tubing just b4 muffler, I dont want to have...
  4. O2 sensor(s) and dual exhaust 91 4.0.L

First of all , Thank you all for your input and suggestions , starting a month or so back re: gender of ecu ( auto) , fuel pumps etc . Ive talked to some FORD techs at the dealership today as the haynes manual is not 100 % clear about o2 sensor( s) talking to three techs today , one...
  5. Wiring Connector problem?

any takers ?
  6. ELECTRONICs COMPATIBILITy

You again Ron? , thanks a million for you input. The vw transaxle is 4 speed manual and the computer components in vintages like mine are minimal , if they exist at all ( good old days ) , but I guess there are some advantages to computer systems in modern vehicles , just not when something...
  7. Wiring Connector problem?

Thanks again for your reply Ron , am I interpreting correctly with your response , firstly you saying only one sensor after the" y" pipe, then 6 to 20 inches after manifold ends ( upstream)?, so that is total of two as it would be a pretty tight and aggresive "Y" to stay within 6 to 20...
  8. ELECTRONICs COMPATIBILITy

with regards to a 91 4.0 explorer and wiring harness with auto ecu , which is a better option for engine and harness being transplnted into vw Ghi , search for a same year manual ecu , or send the mated auto ecu to a remote tuner for changes to ? to work better with a vw manual transmission?
  9. Wiring Connector problem?

can I ask about number of o2 sensors for a 91 4.0l explorer engine ? The haynes manual seems to be indicating one , but i see lots of posts talking about two or more . Also , Im gong to have to drill into to isert o2 sen. my exhaust system on my 4.0 swap in Ghia , and as i only have 16 inches...
  10. 2.3 L into 1971 VW single cab

Hey Itlives , I see this is an old thread , maybe you still monitor this forum , Im just getting going on my 91 4.0L that has been sitting in my Karmann Ghia for quite awhile . It would be good to talk a lil shop . I see sometimes people talking about personal mail me , but I don t see...
  11. 4.0 ohv swap from 2.8l

Any updates on your harness task?
  12. Tips on starting an engine( 4.0l) that hasnt been started in 20 years

Thank you all for your input, I will go to utube as well and see if they have any gearhead info. I do have a ways to go before thinking to start engine ( prepping engine, adapting wiring harness to my Ghia ,getting new cv joints, as bus trany is type 2 , ghia type 1different bolts and...
  13. external fuel pump questions for4.0L engine swap to diff. make of vehicle

That make perfect sense , to have larger cannister filter just at outlet of stock vw gas tank, then hi. pr. pump (close to ford fac. specs of 30 -40m lbs)into fuel regulator, with regards to the fuel return line that WILL BE returned to tank , i seem to remember a small vent line up top of...
  14. Tips on starting an engine( 4.0l) that hasnt been started in 20 years

I ve looked through countless posts under different threads , looking for some kind of discussion on finally getting around to starting that engine in that project car that you started years and years ago , but I havent found much . maybe this post will attract some attention and hopefully...
  15. fuel pump issues

your the best Ron , thanks

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad