• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by peglomaniac

1. pretty nice '98 Ranger value?

Hi everyone, I have a pretty sweet '98 Ranger XLT 4x4 with a topper. I get comments everywhere I go on how nice the condition is for the year. It has 156,107 miles on it. It has a 4L V6 with auto transmission. I booked an appointment for a wheel alignment and the lady who booked my service...
  2. I couldn't sell my Ranger (Gord) could I?

The Canadians will get that, ;) It's a 1998 XLT 4L 4x4, and I love it! Got it in 2006 with 27,000 miles on it. It got one oil change per year, it was mint. So I have put another 110,000 miles on it, but kept it in great shape. I love the thing. It's my 2nd Ranger, the 1st was a tough-ass...
  3. battery cable length for 1998 Ranger 4L V6?

Can anyone reliably tell me the length of the positive and negative cables for my stock 1998 Ford Ranger 4L V6 Extended Cab 4x4 with A/C? My truck is 35 miles away and I'd be happy as a clam if I could get some generic cables tomorrow and get running again. Many TIA
  4. Will an engine from a 2012 go into a 2011?

We bought a rollover that is a 2012 4.0L V6 and now there's a theft recovery that is a 2011 4.0 L V6 but the salvage company states "ENGINE NO GOOD". Will the 2012 engine drop in there nicely? They're both Ranger 4x4 extended cabs, but one is an auto and one is a 5 speed manual. TIA for any...
  5. Bad miss, running rough

My 1998 Ranger XLT 4L auto 4x4 with 140,000 miles has has a miss that has been barely perceptible for many months. Last week it became really bad, and the truck was very jerky. It seeed to struggle reaching highway speed, but did eventually. The miss was very intermittent, it would appear at...
  6. how do I de-code my "check engine" light?

I have a 1998 Ranger XLT 4WD 4speed auto, 4.0L. It has relatively low mileage at 180,900 KM. It has always been well maintained and I've never had any trouble with it. Last week the Check Engine light came on. I disconnected the battery over night and that worked for about 10 miles, then it...
  7. 50,000 miles - clattery engine

Hi, My Ranger is a '98 XLT automatic 4.0 liter. I bought it in Sept 06 with 25,000 miles on it, and at that time switched from conventional to synthetic oil. I have since put 25,000 miles on it, and just took it in for an oil change (all the others I have done myself - the guy before me had...
  8. payload?

Hi I have a '98 Ranger XLT extended cab 4x4 6' box automatic. How many pounds of shingles can I put in the box? I love my truck. peg
  9. those of you in Canada...

... will appreciate this, and some elsewhere too. I named my first Ranger "Ranger Gord" (the Red Green Show :icon_thumby:). Off to questions now - bye. peg

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad