• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by paulnola

1. paulnola

Help! 2004 Edge sags in the front.

Thanks guys. I'll check out the specs and adjust the torsion bolts accordingly. Will report the changes when done, but it might be a while since we're still getting settled in and I don't have access to a garage or workspace at the moment.
  2. paulnola

Help! 2004 Edge sags in the front.

My 2004 2wd Edge no longer sits up level (or close to level) like a 4x4 as it should. I started to notice this after the engine was replaced a few years ago. It has gradually sagged lower. Looking at it from the side, it looks higher in the back and lower in the front. It used to sit level. I...
  3. paulnola

2004 Edge Instrument panel lights - 73 or 74?

I went to change my instrument panel lights since most of them were out. Everything I read said that they should be 194s, so I bought a pack of 10. When I pulled the panel out, it has 11 sockets and they are all the same size and all tiny. I took one out and it is less that half the size of a...
  4. paulnola

Strange beeping from under dash

Recently I started having a beeping message (?) coming from under the dash. It is not the door chime, it is a different noise coming from a different location. It sounds like it is coming from under the dash on the drivers side. But when I get my head down there I can't pick out where it is...
  5. paulnola

Revving now feels governed/limited above 3500 rpm

The radiator, fan clutch and water pump have been replaced, the cooling system filled and checked for leaks. All electrical and vacuum connections are in place. Everything looks ok but while letting it run for a little while after starting it up, something seems to be limiting or governing the...
  6. paulnola

Where are the bolts for AC + Pwr steering mounting bracket?

I posted this on the 3.0 V6 forum as well but thought it fit here. I am replacing the water pump and read in the Haynes manual that I need to remove the bolt(s) holding the mounting bracket to move the whole assembly out of the way without removing either the AC compressor or the power steering...
  7. paulnola

Where are bolts for AC & Pwr steering mount bracket?

I am replacing the water pump and read in the Haynes manual that I need to remove the bolt(s) holding the mounting bracket to move the whole assembly out of the way without removing either the AC compressor or the power steering pump. So I am looking but cannot find the correct bolt or bolts to...
  8. paulnola

Water pump replacement - Brands to not use?

I plan on replacing the water pump while I have other work to do on the engine, which just turned 138K miles. I like to use Motorcraft/oem parts whenever possible, unless they are outrageously priced. I am ok with using a good quality aftermarket replacement, but want to get some opinions on...
  9. paulnola

Need to replace serpentine belt - opinions on brands? OEM or aftermarket?

I need to replace the serpentine drive belt soon, but am not sure if this is one of those parts that should always be replaced with OEM. I am not very familiar with the quality & reputation of the most of the aftermarket brands that I've seen, such as Goodyear Eng., Dayco, Gates, NAPA Belts...
  10. paulnola

Accesory gauges - electrical vs. mechanical?

I want to add oil pressure and water temp gauges but am a little confused about which route to take. From what I can tell, the mechanical gauges will be the most accurate, but are more complex to install. Does anyone have experience using both? Recommendations? Thanks
  11. paulnola

Magnafine inline trans filter?

Has anyone used this on the automatic trans? If so, what do you think? I think Ford has a part number but I can't find it. Thanks
  12. paulnola

Fixed rear brakes - A lesson in patience and observation

I posted back in August 2008 that when I attempted to replace my rear brake shoes, that I could not get the drums over the new shoes. I tried several times, and cursed alot. With frustration and no success, I reluctantly put the old shoes back on and put things back together. The best clues...
  13. paulnola

Truck rolls a little before locking in Park

I'm not very knowledgeable about transmissions, but when I stop and put it in park, it rolls a few inches before it seems to lock in place. I've never had an automatic do that before, so I know it is not quite right. Could this be something easy to adjust? Thanks 5R55E, 2004 3.0 Edge
  14. paulnola

Loud chirping under the hood now

Within the last week or so, a loud chirping noise has developed, chirping regularly every few revolutions (or so it seems). Without doing a detailed inspection, I checked the serpentine belt and it looks good. But I did just pass 104K miles, and do not know when it was last replaced. The...
  15. paulnola

Test for frozen brake cylinders?

I posted a few months ago that I was replacing the rear brake shoes, but could not get the drum over the new shoes. Suggestions were made to check to make sure the parking brake cables were not frozen, as well as the brake cylinders. How do I check the cylinders? When I started the job, the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad