• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Paul1991

1. 1990 ranger windshield rust

Flux core can be ok for this kind of work as long as you do your work to keep stuff clean. Ultimately it's the same as using a stick welder just in mig form. As long as the machine is set up properly and you burn in your welds good you're fine. I've welded in countless wheel arch repair panels...
  2. 1990 ranger windshield rust

They are very good for what they are. Just don't expect to be doing frame work or building bumpers with it. Lots of good little uses to have one for
  3. 1990 ranger windshield rust

Lol it's always the farmers who have tools to borrow (I grew up farming in a small farm town, so I'm familiar with that scenario). Honestly, get yourself a harbor freight 115v flux core welder. I have the titanium brand welder it's a little green one. It requires no gas with flux core and is...
  4. 2.3L ('83-'97) 92 ranger 2.3 starting issue

The computer came in today. Good news, it was remanned in 2016 so it's probably much new. Better news, truck fires right up and all the running issues are gone. Truck runs fantastic! Onto the next projects now. Thanks for all the input
  5. 1990 ranger windshield rust

If your not a welder, I'd say in the very least practice on a guage of steel close to or the same as what you'll be welding. Go to your local tractor supply or whatever you have in your area and get a cheap sheet of metal, cut some pieces and have at it. Do you have a welder?
  6. 1990 ranger windshield rust

I'm a little late to reply to this, I've recently joined and have been scrolling. I have a similar issue on my 92 xlt, my rust being in the roof above the windshield pillar. I've used panel bond adhesive in the past on projects and still prefer good old welding. Clean the good metal that is left...
  7. 2.3L ('83-'97) 92 ranger 2.3 starting issue

I ordered a used computer with a 90 day warranty from a wrecking yard on Monday, still not here yet but hopefully this weekend. Once I get this thing where it easily runs and moves I will be starting a build thread of an sas/4x4 swap among other things I plan on doing to it
  8. 2.3L ('83-'97) 92 ranger 2.3 starting issue

I will inspect the new one when it comes in. How do you go about replacing them and where would I buy them if needed? I'm guessing they solder in? Sorry for all the questions, as stated I get nervous messing with electrical stuff. And thank you for all the help, it's very appreciated
  9. 2.3L ('83-'97) 92 ranger 2.3 starting issue

It's heavily corroded in some areas. #60 pin which from what I saw on a diagram is a ground is so corroded the pin that plugs into the harness fell right out of this. I also noticed it only has 2 capacitors. I believe they are capacitors anyways, they look like little blue battery's standing on...
  10. 2.3L ('83-'97) 92 ranger 2.3 starting issue

Well, I got my kids to bed early and pulled the computer. Not looking good in there, very wet and heavily corroded. I noticed the windshield leaks and runs to the passenger floor board. I have the truck inside and drying out to fix the leak and replace the cracked windshield. Now the question...
  11. 2.3L ('83-'97) 92 ranger 2.3 starting issue

Ok I will pull the computer tomorrow. I will be looking for leaking capacitors, if they aren't leaking what else should I be looking for? I'm assuming anything burned looking or corrosion. I pulled the plug to the computer last night to look for corrosion and it appears nice and clean on the...
  12. 2.3L ('83-'97) 92 ranger 2.3 starting issue

How does the computer open up? Electrical related stuff isn't my cup of tea. I can wrench on damn near anything, I grew up on farms and have been an agriculture mechanic most of my life. I just hate getting into electrical. I threw a new coolant temperature sensor in it tonight and that didn't...
  13. 2.3L ('83-'97) 92 ranger 2.3 starting issue

I'm thinking it could be a computer issue. The check engine light doesn't clear after battery disconnected. Also jumping the connector with wire trying to pull the codes did nothing. Check engine light just stayed on, didn't flash or anything. I only paid a couple hundred bucks for it and it's a...
  14. 2.3L ('83-'97) 92 ranger 2.3 starting issue

Hello, first post here as I am a new member. I recently picked up a 92 ranger 2.3, 5 speed 2wd. I picked it up non running with the nylon fuel line chewed up by squirrels. Fixed the fuel lines and I was able to get it to start after cycling the pump several times. Next morning truck won't start...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad