• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' the posts that you read.

Recent content by pat8703

1. B3000 SHO swap

LOL the chain tensioners stay.Sorry. Fixzin, I'm planning on using QA1 double adjustables in the rears. I'm not sure what I'll use in the front. I have a bunch of take-off coilovers from old customers projects, BMW and VW mostly. I'll probably adapt one of those to work. Or I'll find a...
  2. B3000 SHO swap

So I lied about it being ready for the cab...... You're going to have to suffer through this post and one more. Today I (finally) finished up all the frame boxing. there were a few spots where the frame doesn't follow a straight line and they needed filler patches. So that's finally all done...
  3. B3000 SHO swap

It's funny you mention that. Check out "Trucks!" Project called Rolling Thunder. It wasn't the inspiration for this build. In fact, I didn't find out about it until about a month ago. So my customer projects are all wrapped up for a short while, so it's time to kick ass on the frame again...
  4. B3000 SHO swap

All the tubes are in and I've started burning in the rails. About 2/3 of the boxing plates are done, and a couple of tube joints. What I did is way overkill, but I want this thing rigid. I left no node unsupported. Before there was about 3 inches of torsional twist in the frame. Now...
  5. B3000 SHO swap

Started the monkey bars. About half of them it. Although most of the remaining ones are basically gussets. I went to mount the IRS and found that the plinths either got bumped at blasting or the blasting stress relieved the metal as they no longer line up. The alignment studs are a .010"...
  6. B3000 SHO swap

Frame boxing plates tack welded in and started bending tubes. I also got the lower irs plates welded in. It's amazing how much the frame boxing helped increase torsional stability on this chassis, even with minimal horizontal bracing. I'm hoping to get most of the tubes bent up tomorrow but I...
  7. B3000 SHO swap

Frame went to blasting yesterday and is back this morning got everything painted in steel-it. I only ordered about half as many cans as I thought I needed, so some is still raw, but I can easily clean any flash rust off to paint . The dimpled parts are frame boxing plates and will get welded...
  8. B3000 SHO swap

Hey so I know I haven't posted anything in quite some time. I'm still working on the truck. I travel for work and left town in Feb and got back around the end of May. About 1 week ago I finished up some customer work and got a chance to get started on the truck. These photos suck, I know...
  9. B3000 SHO swap

Got a little time today to work on the truck again. I fixed the crack I put in the oil pan. It's driving me nuts how poorly the cast aluminum from this SHO welds up like. This was sand blasted, then wire brushed and alcohol cleaned, then buffed. I just cannot get it to weld clean. It's...
  10. B3000 SHO swap

Customer cars are keeping me busy. I managed to squeeze some time in today to work on the intake manifold some more between working on one of the wife's projects. This is entirely overkill for this swap, but overkill is how I like to do things. The factory intake is aligned by a single 6x12mm...
  11. B3000 SHO swap

The flash really ruined these pictures, but y'all can deal. Turbo on the headers and mounted on the engine. I started on the task of resealing the motor and cracked the oil pan by not realizing the oil pump is built in to the front main housing. I can fix it, but oh well. tomorrow I should...
  12. B3000 SHO swap

So these pictures are terrible, I apologize. I'll get some better shots when I get the motor out of the truck for the final time and get the header kit finished up. I also got the intake manifold spacers back from waterjet. I'm working on port matching them and just about finished here.
  13. B3000 SHO swap

Thank you. Yes, actually. I hope I didn't give the impression that this is my first project or anything. I own a custom fab shop where I do swaps, conversations, and build race cars when I not on the road for my main job.
  14. B3000 SHO swap

Burning through some runners. I'm on track to have the manifolds "done" tomorrow. I'll be picking up the turbo off my buddy on thursday. I ordered a unique turbo flange that should be here around the same time. I won't be able to complete the crossover tube until that comes in or...
  15. B3000 SHO swap

I had to finish up the motor swap this morning, so I only had a couple of hours today to start on the manifolds. I wanted to make simple log style manifolds because they work, but the steering column on the drivers side doesn't make things easy. So I came up with this contraption. It looks...