• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Paisano's latest activity

• Paisano replied to the thread 475,000 mile F7 rear axle.
    This rear axle assembly came with the backing plates only. But no brake parts. So I have to install all the drum brake parts. I already...
    The axle tube actually has two diameters since it narrows slightly where the U-Bolts attach. I'm getting about 2-3/4 inch at that point...
    That might be an error on that part description. The axle tube diameter should be the same for current and rebuilt axle assemblies. When...
    Ahhh........the makes sense about the horn part. Thanks
    Ok. Thanks. I just crawled under the truck and measured the flanges. It's kind of hard to tell with the driveshaft yoke in the way. But...
    This rebuilt rear axle assembly is sitting in my garage now. I have more vacation time at the beginning of June to get this done. A few...
    • P_20220508_114105_001.jpg
    • P_20220508_131119.jpg
    Hey guys, The complete rear axle assembly I ordered has been rebuilt and is scheduled to ship tomorrow 8.8 ring gear 4.10 axle ratio 10...
    I confirmed that I don't need to submit a VIN and year/make/model. I ordered a rear axle assembly about 10 days ago. Nobody asked me for...
    Looking into a possible lead on a reman 8.8 with 4.10. Then I could match the front axle assembly if I ever wanted 4WD someday.
    I'll see about maybe talking to someone else at the manufacturer or one of my employer's stores regarding the VIN issue. There are...
    It's probably not a good idea to start dealing in false VINS since the purchase would be through my employer. I can still look for a...
    I can't submit another VIN. The purchase would be through my employer. They already have my VIN and make/model/year in the system. They...
    I talked to a representative at the company that sells the remanufactured complete axle assembly today. He says if I attempt to purchase...
    Is the rear axle housing between my 7.5 and the 8.8 the same length from back to the pinion flange? Does the 8.8 pinion flange stick out...
    Ok. Thanks.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad