• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by OtakuN3rd

1. OtakuN3rd

$300 Ranger Impulse buy/Craigslist find - What should I do?

Last Friday I jumped at buying a $300 1989 Ranger off of Craigslist. It was dark when I picked it up, and I knew it would be gone in the morning. I called the guy a mere three hours after it was posted. Between the price and my main vehicle being another 1989 Ranger, I didn't think long about...
  2. OtakuN3rd

Speedometer Problem and Cable Confusion (89 Ranger)

I am once again trying to track down an answer for an unusual situation with my 1989 Ranger (at this point I am very tempted to call it a FrankenRanger, or better yet - FrankenFord as the Transmission that used to be in it was out of an '87 Aerostar van). The issue I am having is an erratic...
  3. OtakuN3rd

A4LD problems after changing pan gasket and filter

Earler tonight (well, technically yesterday) I had a friend help me change transmission pan gasket and filter in my '89 Ranger. The transmission had been leaking at the gasket, and the truck gave a jerk when it shifted from 1st in to 2nd. I had asked around and was told this could be cause by...
  4. OtakuN3rd

Hi from Niles, MI

Just wanted to say hi before I went on to post about an issue I am having with my Ranger. I have a very low (fixed) income and am hoping to learn to do the repairs on myself instead of racking up a huge mechianic bill. My Ranger is a 1989 2.3L with A4LD, 2WD, XLT trim and not an extended cab...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad