• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by OskarBlue

1. Just replaced belt tensioner and belt due to squeal. Now I can hear more noises. Help diagnose what else needs fixing?

1999 Ranger XLT, no A/C pump. ~241K miles. I just finished replacing my belt tensioner and serpentine belt due to squeal. The squeal is eliminated, but now that it's gone I'm hearing other noises. Not sure if they were there before, and I just hadn't noticed them or if they're new. The squeal...
  2. Parking Brake Assembly - How to adust self-adjuster?

The parking brake on my 99 Ranger has never worked. Finally had the time to delve into it, and man were there all sorts of issues... The parking brake strut was missing on one side (had to order from ebay), and the rear cables were rusted and seized. After replacing all the hardware in the drum...
  3. Just changed my valve cover gaskets. What did I mess up?

So I just changed my valve cover gaskets, upper intake manifold gasket, and spark plug wires. When I did a test drive, I found my engine was running rough, and the truck really doesn't want to accelerate. Upon acceleration I heard knocking coming from the engine. Help me figure out what I might...
  4. Ball joint job - CV nut removal?

I'm fairly new at home automechanics, but I've completed some successful projects. I've searched these forums with lots of questions, and for the first time, I can't find an answer to my problem. So here goes my first post. Hopefully someone out there can help me out! I'm replacing the lower...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad