• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Omen

1. Tdi in 90s ranger

On mine truck the cruise is good @ 68-72mph @2300 rpm. This is with 31” tall tires and 3.73 gears. It goes down the highway nicely but falls short in several areas: 1) starting from a stop on a hill or loaded. 1st gear is not low enough 2) reverse is useless because it is not even close to low...
  2. TDI swap

That sounds like a fun truck. Last i checked the SBF adapter (TD conversions) wasn‘t in production much less in stock yet. They were still working on it. Also the larger bellhousing takes up a lot of space at the rear of the head which will requires modification to the VW coolant pipe. I put...
  3. Introduction new member

Thanks. I used TD conversions adapter kit which is 2” thick. This retains factory ford drivetrain and location while providing firewall clearance for the rear of the head mounted vaccuum pump. It’s all factory ford from the flywheel back & factory VW stuff From the crank forward. I really...
  4. Tdi in 90s ranger

I like the VW Alh power delivery and driveabilty enough that I would do it again. Mine is tuned to 110HP and was intended as a people mover though more than a tow vehicle. Towing ability should improve with 4.10 gears though
  5. Introduction new member

Fuel mileage consistenetly averages35 mpg. Worst tank was 32 & best was 40. It does well out on the highway but not so much in the hills which is why I am going to 4.10’s I order to keep costs low and maintain a stock appearance I tried to reuse as many OEM parts as possible and limit my...
  6. Tdi in 90s ranger

I swapped an ALH into an 87 XLT Super cab. The engine fit between the stock x member & hood with sagging original body mounts with @ 1/2’’ clearance to the x member. The only 2 clearance issues i ran into were at the firewall and steering box. I pounded the firewall for clearance and cut the...
  7. 2.3l to vw diesel swap 95 ranger 2wd

Yes the transmission falls in the same place in terms of mounting. I used the stock transmission mounting as my reference point & worked from there. I used stock x member and mount. The benefit to using the TD conversions kit is it pushes the engine forward for vaccuum pump clearance, instead...
  8. Introduction new member

I am a long time lurker that decided it was time to become a member. I have a an 87 Ranger XLT Supercab with a VW 1.9L TDI, 94 3.0L M5OD on 31’s. It has been my daily driver for several years and is in need of some upgrades. Namely a lift, swap in Dana 35 4.10 front & explorer 8.8 Posi, disc...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad