• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by OldBlue61

1. OldBlue61

Wanted Tow Bar

PM sent. Thanks.
  2. OldBlue61

Wanted Tow Bar

I agree, it looks like the Blue Ox fittings could possibly work, but no, the bracket is bolted to the frame and bumper brackets, and is a solid, one-piece unit. There are a couple of stickers on it, but nothing that identifies the manufacturer. I may just go pick up a tow bar from Harbor...
  3. OldBlue61

Might be a Ranger owner again

I picked up the manuals that the mechanics at Ford dealers used from eBay for my '94. That was my first thought, but it seems you've already checked there.
  4. OldBlue61

Wanted Tow Bar

Thanks. Yeah I was looking at bars like this, and if I have to, I'll pick something like that up. I may only use it once or twice a year, so I was hoping I could find someone that had one laying around their garage...
  5. OldBlue61

Wanted Tow Bar

Here's the connection on the truck.
  6. OldBlue61

Wanted Tow Bar

My truck was originally towed behind an RV when it was new. It's still got the attachment on the front of the frame for a tow bar. I'd like to find a tow bar that fits it. It's 24" from mount to mount. Most of the tow bars I see online today have a different hookup and won't work with the...
  7. OldBlue61

Hi. Did you ever make those SS flanges for the exhaust?

Hi. Did you ever make those SS flanges for the exhaust?
  8. OldBlue61

oil pressure timing tensioner brand

No problem, thanks for the assist regardless! For the OHV 4.0, is there a recommendation on when the chain and tensioners should be changed? I don't drive my Ranger a lot, maybe 5k miles a year mostly for working on the property and the occasional run to the lumber yard. Regardless, I don't...
  9. OldBlue61

Thanks! SO, it sounds like it should hold up for a while after I change the tensioners. Any info or links to a company that makes good quality ones? I can't imagine Motorcraft still makes them...
  10. OldBlue61

Pardon the dumb question, but is there a recommendation on when the chain and tensioners should be changed? My '94 has 113k miles on it, and since I'm not sure if or when it was done, I'm assuming (I think that is safe in this situation) it hasn't been. I've heard that this is the biggest...
  11. OldBlue61

Replacement Headlight Recommendations

Well, got these installed and aimed (kinda) over the weekend. While these replacements are better than what was in my Ranger, I hesitate to call them acceptable, or even good. Better than what I had, which isn't saying much. I may at some point buy another set from a different manufacturer...
  12. OldBlue61

Thanks everyone for you input. I ended up buying a pair from Amazon made by Evan Fischer. $47.31 for the pair including bulbs. I figured if they're crap, it's easy enough to return them via Amazon than most other places. I'll update this post once I get them installed.
  13. OldBlue61

I've got HIDs in my low beams in my Jeep as well as LEDs for the fogs. Both projectors, and both work great. But like some have mentioned I've never seen an LED that works properly in a housing originally meant for a halogen. The pattern is usually bad, and the glare to oncoming drivers...
  14. OldBlue61

...and that was the whole reason for my question, and thanks for your recommendation. I've been fortunate enough to be able to replace a car before it got too old and haven't had to do too much work to them (other than general maintenance), and just recently picked up the Ranger mainly to have...
  15. OldBlue61

Instead of a negative comment, how about trying to post something helpful? You obviously have an opinion, so let's hear it, along with your recommendation, if you have one. I've had good luck with Dorman products in the past - evidently you haven't. Never bought their replacement headlights...