• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Ohhnulix

1. 5r55e won’t shift past 2nd

02 4.0 4x4. At first I had no drive or reverse (went out on me going down the road), got home slowly, did a fluid and filter change, now I have drive and reverse back but won’t shift past 2nd gear. It’s like it drops out of 2nd to shift and just hits a an almost neutral, it goes but with no...
  2. 5r55e no drive/reverse

Alright update on the ranger. Did the fluid and filter, added some Lucas transmission fix stuff with it, now it’s working sometimes? It’ll grab and go then I’ll shift out of drive or reverse and it won’t grab the next time, also got a code for an output speed sensor?
  3. 5r55e no drive/reverse

Got my ranger running again after a few weeks, went for a test drive and it felt like the truck kept sputtering, rpm’s stayed steady though. I stopped and after that drive and reverse seemed to be about useless, absolutely no power, if I’m on a flat area they go but no sort of actual power...
  4. 4.0 fuel rail leak?

My 4.0 had been sitting for a few weeks, finally got everything else fixed and now it didn’t wanna start, finally after holding the ignition on for almost 30 seconds it starts, runs like shit but it runs. About the time it got warmed up I noticed fuel pouring down the back of the engine, only...
  5. High idol 4.0

; I figured out my issue. Previous owner must have left the air cleaner box open or something, a butterfly got sucked into the intake, got sucked into the IAC valve and left it hung open. I cleaned it out and it worked fine. Next time I fired it up the motor hung open again so I just replaced...
  6. 4.0 high idol (about 1800rpm)

I forgot to update the thread, I figured it out. The air cleaner didn’t get properly installed so a bug got sucked into the intake, I took the IAC valve off and there’s a butterfly caught between the valve😂
  7. High idol 4.0

I recently bought a 01 4x4 4.0. The only issue I’ve found is a high idol, about 1800rpm, when I turn the ac off it jumps to about 2000, I would imagine that a vaccum leak would make the hubs not lock and all that seems fine, any ideas? No check engine lights or codes. Only other issue I’ve found...
  8. 4.0 high idol (about 1800rpm)

I recently bought a 01 4x4 4.0. The only issue I’ve found is a high idol, about 1800rpm, when I turn the ac off it jumps to about 2000, I would imagine that a vaccum leak would make the hubs not lock and all that seems fine, any ideas? No check engine lights or codes
  9. 2002 3.0 bank 2 running lean (code p0174

I took a quick look, since it was still very hot from running and getting dark, everything looked solid, but when I was running it with no load it felt like around 3000 rpm it would misfire and start banging hard,but not under load
  10. 2002 3.0 bank 2 running lean (code p0174

I went a little stupid after some rain and got my truck stuck a few days ago, after I got billed out my truck seemed to be running funky. I would have to nearly floor is to go up hills. I decided to plug my code reader in and see what if it said anything (my check engine light doesn’t come on...
  11. Ford ranger 60/40 bucket seat covers

I hate a 2002 ranger with 60/40 bench seat up front, I’ve been trying to find some covers for the seat that aren’t super expensive. Will a normal universal seat cover work or do I need special fitted 60-40 covers?
  12. 2002 ranger not shifting?

I don’t entirely remember, is that important?
  13. 2002 ranger not shifting?

I have a 2002 ranger edge, the tranny went out so I pulled one from a supposedly working truck with 110k on it (ecm got fried and they just didn’t want to replace it so it became a parts truck) I installed it, changed the filter and fluid, old fluid was clean and had no metal in the pan at all...
  14. Problem with 2002 ranger transmission 5r44e (I think?)

Hm, a quick google search found a few other posts with the same issue, is this someone that can be fixed easily? Or would it be better just to throw a new tranny in
  15. Problem with 2002 ranger transmission 5r44e (I think?)

already checked the fluid, looks brand new. when I drove the truck to my house when I first got it the O/D OFF light was flashing, didn’t know at the time that it was a check transmission light, and I can’t seem to get it to come back on so I can scan the codes. The major thing that confuses me...