• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Oh2Ranger

1. A/C & RPM's - 2002 2.3 Ranger

Hey guys, My 2002 is having AC problems, now that it's warmer I want to get it working right. It did this last year too, but I just limped it on through since it was towards the end of the summer months. When I turn on AC, either AC or MAX AC I don't get ANY cold air, just warm air. Last year...
  2. Project "ForD55" - 4D55 Turbo Diesel - 94 Ranger 4x4

Hey Guys, I've built a little camper trailer, I rebuilt a motorcycle, now, I want to build a turbo diesel Ranger. It's my next and biggest project yet. I've done research, and the 4D55 sounded like the best option. I'm sure there will be a couple guys roam in here and compare it to the 4BT...
  3. 1994 Tailpipe vs 95+ Tailpipe?

Would there be any reason while making my custom exhaust I couldn't use a tailpipe "designed" for a newer year? I know a lot of different companies have obscure "years of fitment" and we all know that the rangers platform has remained very consistent. I don't see how a tailpipe wouldn't fit a...
  4. 94 Ranger - Speedo Gear

I've done a little bit of digging, but I'm a bit confused on how to recalibrate my speedometer. I had 3.27's and I went to 3.73's. Can I , or do I , Just go to the junkyard and pull a speedo gear off a explorer / ranger that had 3.73's? I'm not sure If i understand why some would have a...
  5. Duratec "TICK" .. What is really going on?

To those that have the duratec "Tick" that is loud and proud at RPM's below 2500-ish Like myself, You probably have some tired bushings in the intake for the mechinisim. Here is a video I thought that might help make sense of what is going on on. Here is a video of the TICK ...
  6. 07' b2300 engine in 02' 2.3 ranger, compatible?

Same engine, minor differences, nothing that can't be solved with Earl's advice. I know that the MAF sensors are indifferent places, and that the intake manifold is slightly different (improved).. but you can swap intakes / intake manifolds and bolt all the other stuff onto the new block.
  7. Dana 35 - Ranger vs Explorer Compatibility

Hey guys, hopefully a quick question. I'm trying to get all my information straight for tomorrows run at the truck. Here is a little background: I have a 1994 Ranger, had 3.27's stock. Was not working out well for my setup. I grabbed a LS 3.73 rear and swapped it into the back, now I'm working...
  8. Lets see your camping vehicles!

Here is a tent trailer I built from the ground up that I could tow with my 02 2.3 duratec..:icon_welder: I have a build thread on another site if anyone is interested in seeing it
  9. Quickie - FM145 & FM146 Slave

I have a diesel bellhousing, and a 4d55 I'm trying to put into a 94 Ranger 4x4. The diesel bellhousing used the fm145 style slave, and I'm using a fm146 transmission (because it's roughly the same size as the m50d.. no driveline bs). So the bellhousing wants to take a fm145 slave, but the trans...
  10. Anyone Know anything about Fuel Pumps?

I have a 1994 Ranger that I'm planning on doing a Diesel Swap into. I haven't really got all that far into it yet, so I haven't started a thread or log, mostly just planning and trying to figure out a few thoughts first. I already have the truck to swap the motor into, and I already have the...
  11. Gibson Exhaust Deal

I just ordered a Gibson Exhaust, haven't recieved it yet, just ordered, but there is one remaining at I think a really good deal. It's 250 shipped for everything! Pipes! Muffler! Tip! all that. Jegs is charging 350 before shipping.. same kit. Thought I'd let you guys know. There is only one more...
  12. Scangauge Coolant Readings For Our 2.3

Do you mean like a autometer gauge?
  13. Scangauge Coolant Readings For Our 2.3

Ive recently had a ScanGaugeII in my truck for about a month, and noticed right away a very high water temp reading. It varies, somewhere between 240-260*, although I have seen it in the 270*s at one point. I drained the radiator, and topped it off, (not an entire flush, just drain and fill) to...
  14. Duratec Dynomax

I want to get a exhaust for my truck, I have the newer DOHC Duratec 2.3, and think that the dynomax would be perfect, because it's not to loud, and for a 4 cyl, that is good. I've heard they are pretty modest and mellow toned, and with the rebate they have going on right now, I figure now is the...
  15. 900$ Ranger - Help! Didn't see before bought..

I own a 2002 2wd Duratec XLT already, that is my daily and commuter, but I stumbled across another ranger on craigslist that I thought was a hot deal. I bought a 1998 4.0 5r55e 4x4 XLT with all the power options, bed liner, straight body, and a rebuilt engine all for 900 bucks. Kicker was the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad