Recent content by OGdr

1. Lowered tire size/clearance issues

Well, worst case scenario is I have to buy two front tires. Thanks @stmitch for the input, tons of great info
  2. Lowered tire size/clearance issues

The tires I have are slightly bigger than factory size already. I’m running 15x7 steel wheels off an ltd with a 215/70 tire. my measurements tell me that I’ll rub, but this is 33 year old suspension with original shocks, springs, bushings, etc. so maybe it’s sagging some. surely somebody on...
  3. Lowered tire size/clearance issues

So I’m looking into a used djm 3/4 drop kit for my 87. I also just bought brand new tires but I’m afraid they’ll rub, especially the inner fenders. Does someone here have a 1st gen with the same kit that could give me some insight on tire sizes? Thanks in advance
  4. Factory radio help please

The plug has E6DB14N003F on the back. A quick Google search got me a bunch of harnesses so that makes sense. What I'm now having trouble finding is a diagram of what color wires go to what. Apparently these radios were used in many fords of the late 80s - early 90s. What I'm guessing is that...
  5. Factory radio help please

So I've never really cared for the way aftermarket head units look. In a more modern vehicle or something forigen is one thing. I don't mind. But in my 1st Gen it would bother the absolute crap out of me. Call me weird but that's just how I see it. I've had this old Ford radio on the shelf for...
  6. Glad to be here

Well after replacing pretty much the entire cooling system (left water in it) I've had a problem with acceleration. I've tracked it down to being the high pressure fuel pump. Right now I'm looking at replacing the lift pump with a high pressure one. After that it's onto rebuilding all the...
  7. Glad to be here

I've been searching on this site for the past month as I've been trying to resurrect my 87 that's been sitting for about 5 years, so finally I decided to just make an account. There's alot of good knowledge on here and I appreciate everyone who contributes. Hopefully I'll be back on the road...