• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by OG Gearhound

1. OG Gearhound

89 XLT 2.9 Manual. Alarm install, Viper 3100v basic. Has starter interrupt, but...

It worked! Disregarding the Orange Alarm wire and connecting the Yellow Alarm wire to the, Ranger Br/Pk "hot Run, hot Start" wire did the trick. Thanks to both of you for the quick help responses. This info is not easy to come by just by searching the Web or YouTube.. Y'all just expanded my...
  2. OG Gearhound

89 XLT 2.9 Manual. Alarm install, Viper 3100v basic. Has starter interrupt, but...

Yes, I did cut an splice the Pink Starter wire and connected each end, into each of the Black wires to the module.. Making note of the Orange wire and will see what happens with it not connected ( I would have to go out a find a relay anyway, so this is good if I don't need it). When you say...
  3. OG Gearhound

Hey guys. So I have installed this alarm and it works. Just the basics, no door switch trigger, doorlocks or horn. Has shock/movement sensor. So far all I have connected are the, Orange, White, Black, Brown and Red wires. I have also connected the 2 black starter interrupt wires to the Pink...
  4. OG Gearhound

Alarm install, Viper 3100v very basic. Supposedly has starter interrupt, but...

Wrong forum. Reposted in Misc Electrical forum..
  5. OG Gearhound

A/C Compressor clutch not getting power

UPDATE: Before I get started, I just want to thank everyone on this thread for the help and the education. Ya'll are amazing and I hope this thread will help someone else who finds themselves in a similar situation. That said, here comes the embarrassing part. :sad: I did all the tests I listed...
  6. OG Gearhound

Ok, so this is a new variable to consider (the RPM/Engine running). Some of the testing I did was with Engine on. Most not. First, I want to highlight 2 things: 1. Ya'll are fantastic! 2. I forgot to mention this.. After removing the TPS, I tested the TPS connector. With Key ON, I jumped the 5v...
  7. OG Gearhound

Man, I'm with you on this.. my TPS is not bad as it turns out. If the ECM is malfunctioning, I can't understand why. This truck literally has less than 30k original miles. But that (what you said about the ECM) is the only analysis, at this point, which makes sense. I did discover one other...
  8. OG Gearhound

UPDATE: So here's what I just found out. I couldn't have gotten this far without you guys! BOTH old and new WOT relays are working fine.. the problem is, they are actuating as soon as I connect them. I have verified this 100% both by hearing it "click" and I popped the top off of one and...
  9. OG Gearhound

Thanks for this link! I get what you are saying, but shouldn't me jumping/bypassing the pressure switch socket give me voltage to the a/c clutch through the WOT?
  10. OG Gearhound

Udate: I just performed the jump and NO volts.. I also tested the relay using multimeter ohm and turns out to be GOOD as well as my old relay is still GOOD. so I guess there is a break in the line somewhere?
  11. OG Gearhound

Ok, mine is the Micro configuration of 5pin. I'll try the jumper at the socket and see what happens. Thanks for the links.
  12. OG Gearhound

Yessir, I've done all that. 12 volts at the pressure switch. no volts at the clutch. I thought for sure the relay would solve it, because I also tested for Voltage right there below the relay module.. there is a connector there that includes the 'hot' black w/yellow stripe wire that follows to...
  13. OG Gearhound

Udate: I just replaced the WOT relay.. did not solve the problem. :( I think I'm just going to run a bypass with a toggle switch.
  14. OG Gearhound

Btw, my quotations weren't meant as a correction to you sir. That's just what it says in the owner's manual I read a couple hours before my post. I appreciate your help, links and especially the power flow guide to the a/c clutch.. most helpful. Thanks again! (y)

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad