• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by ochoam

1. P0446 Emission Control System Code

Replacement OEM canister from a Ford dealer was also leaking charcoal out of the box. Sounded like gravel wis in the box when I picked it up initially. Round 2 of ordering a replacement will be with Rockauto. Anyone have a 'fix' for charcoal coming out of the canister?
  2. P0446 Emission Control System Code

My code will only come on occasionally, but due to the amount of charcoal that came out when I changed the valve I'm going to replace the canister as well. Also never knew gas levels cause your emission system to check more/less frequently.
  3. P0446 Emission Control System Code

Attached is the code readout
  4. P0446 Emission Control System Code

I have a P0446 code that I am unable to resolve. P0446 Evaporative Emission Control System Vent Control Circuit Malfunction. Looking at other resources the code points to the vent valve solenoid. I confirmed the 20A fuse is in place and that the connector for the vent solenoid is receiving...
  5. Vibration at higher RPMs

I had no missfire codes, but went ahead and changed the plugs and wires. Haven't driven much since, but it hasn't happened since.
  6. Vibration at higher RPMs

When I am driving my 2011 4.0L sport I will occasionally get a deep vibration coming from the engine starting around 2500RPM, and it gets louder as you go higher to 3000RPM. the vibration sounds like going over rumble strips, and feels like going over a slightly rough part of road (not near the...
  7. 2011 4.0L 4x4 Stock Exhaust Size

As the title says I'm looking for help finding out the stock exhaust pipe size. I had my exhaust system break and need to repair it. Specifically looking for the size of the pipe that enters into the muffler. Thank you.
  8. Instrument cluster turns on and off while driving.

Well, I spoke too soon. Car is currently bricked again. The antitheft is on and the car wont start. Back to Ford again we go..
  9. Instrument cluster turns on and off while driving.

Well day 2 of no issues. I think this fixed it, but I'll still knock on wood everytime I say that. Thank you for the help.
  10. Instrument cluster turns on and off while driving.

Well I put an entire 5 oz can of Deoxit through the board, so if it doesn't work then it's replacing time. I think the qtip rubbing alcohol helped a bit, either that or luck made it happen less today.
  11. Instrument cluster turns on and off while driving.

Well its not looking good moisture wise. I took the sjb out and it looks like theres corrosion between the layers. (Attached photos) Any advice on getting what I cant reach with qtips out?
  12. Instrument cluster turns on and off while driving.

Ok, weirdly enough I found these diagrams you posted https://www.therangerstation.com/forums/index.php?threads/sjb-smart-junction-box-connectors.178343/post-1637518 My corrosion looks to be on connector A, and the cluster is on connector B (guessing on reading those diagrams). I think this may...
  13. Instrument cluster turns on and off while driving.

Got the connectors removed, found what looks like corrosion by the circled pin
  14. Instrument cluster turns on and off while driving.

Well title says it. My instrument cluster goes on and off while driving. Here's a link to videos and photos I took of it: . When it goes into this mode the turn signals, brights, gas gauge, tps warning all work fine. Otherwise nothing else works. Outside of the instrument cluster everything...
  15. LED cigarette lighter replacement

Can you share a link to the LED you used? Thanks

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad