• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by nismotunedgtr

1. Please help vote for my Ranger :)

Hey guys. Entered the Ranger in a local radio contest. Winner gets $1500 worth whatever they want done at a local offroad shop. Hoping I can win the contest, truck will be on display for a beach party in Old Orchard if it wins. Gotta buy a TRS decal to rep the site if I win! Here's the...
  2. Testing Lincoln locker = fire!

Welded up the stock 3.73 7.5 yesterday so I threw some junk tires on to test it. The shorty headers got so hot the plastic clutch line caught fire and burnt a bunch of shit lol. http://youtu.be/oHg5SJYRHA0
  3. Some LED lighting I've done

Just starting to do some LED lighting in my girlfriends '97 Limited 5.0. Dome light is a 3 watt LED. How's it look?
  4. My 1992 STX alive again (flames too!)

So about a year and a half ago I threw two rods through the side of my 2.9 in my 92 ranger. I didn't care though, I had a low mile 4.0 ready. I pulled the 2.9 and A4LD and it sat until a couple months ago. I totalled my lowered 96' Explorer so I had a 5 speed :D Got the swap done in a...
  5. Upper ball joint keeps coming loose

Hey guys I replaced all the balljoints in my '92 4x4 about 6 months ago. 4 times now my steering gets all loose. I've jacked it up and the upper ball joint alignment cam is loose in the I beam. The pinch bolt is always tight, I loosen it up and tap the alignment cam back down flush and...
  6. Help with 7.5 to 8.8 ( 28 spline to 31 8.8 )

Hey guy's I've got a problem here... I have a 1992 Ranger 4.0 4x4 that has a failing 7.5" rear. I got a Lockright from a fullsize bronco (8.8 31 spline axles) for free from my mother. I also got a 8.8 from a 2002 Ranger 4.0 (3.73's open) and a 1999 Explorer 8.8 (3.73's and t-lok). I...
  7. Fresh A4LD wont shift automatically

To start my specs: 4.0 and A4LD out of a 1994 Explorer 4x4, now in my 1992 Ranger 4x4. Runs great. I "rebuilt" the tranny. No hard parts other than servos needed replacement. I replaced ALL seals and gaskets. Installed the Sonnax boost valve, A4LD junior shift kit, FORD servos, reman...
  8. Remember the GMC Syclone? I want to build a Ranger version.

A newer IFS would be choice.... I couldnt see running a D35 in 4x4 all the time. That's madness. Maybe an AWD Explorer drivetrain swap??
  9. Cupping tires after alignment!

I just did the alignment on my 1992 ranger STX 4x4. Everything was perfectly in spec except caster. Wasn't too worried about caster .... I put a brand new set of 31x10.5 r15 Wild Spirit RVT's on it. The wear I'm seeing after just 1500 miles in on the inside front, isn't really cupping. It's...
  10. Smashed my bed up :(

Took the Ranger out on a logging trail yesterday. Tried crossing a river in 2wd (open 7.5 3.73's) and it was a no-go. I went to put it in reverse to see if I could back up.... Heard a smash and got out to lock the hubs in. Bedside was smashed out a foot or so! 4x4 was no problem getting...
  11. 2" lift coils same height as stock coils?

Hey I got a set of 2" lift coils for my Ranger off a friend. He bought them for his B2.... I have a 1992 STX with the 2.9L (FOR NOW)... Got one of my coils out tonight and it's the same exact height as the lift coils. I can't compress the lift coils by hand but I can compress the stock ones...
  12. New tires on mah 1992 STX

Got a set of 31's pretty close to free.... Painted the wheels and balanced them on the bubble balancer. No rubbing AT ALL. Not lift either. Hopefully in the next couple months she's getting painted Olive Drab. ...Hopefully.
  13. My 1992 4x4 clears 31's like a pro!

So guys, I got a set of 31's and rims... My 1992 Ranger 4x4 has the STX package. She clears the 31's like nobodys business! I've got some 2" front coils I've gotta put in to level it and looking for a set of shackles to bring the ass up and extra inch or so. Just put one on because they...
  14. Painted my grille and tinted lights today.

I was bored today so I bought a can of VHT and clear and also a can of ultra flat black. Painted my griller and headlights trim flat black... Tinted all my lights except the headlights. Came out sexy as all hell! Before: After: How do you guys like them?
  15. Another D35 axle seal? WTF?

Hey guys. I destroyed the driver side axle seal in my 1992 STX last summer. Just changed it a month ago along with the U joint on the side (frozen). Other side was fine. I still have auto hubs. Drivers side one, all the grease is hard and it does not lock. I have a set of Warn's coming...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad