• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Nightbiker07

1. Forced induction for the 5.0 Explorer swap

That is pretty much the exact problem I have been running into, switching to an electric fan would save me some room and I could switch over to the mustang accessory drive provided the AC compressor was in the same spot. I I'm not too familiar with the fox body set up yet. I plan on switching...
  2. Crate 302 or Junkyard 5.0 Swap into 1988 2WD 2.9L Ranger?

The 302 would be easier, but if I could go back I probably would have done a 351. With a proper tune and upsizing the injectors, the explorer injection system will run the 351. Not sure about the earlier body style rangers, but the 2000, 2001 the entire explorer setup will drop in to a...
  3. Forced induction for the 5.0 Explorer swap

Most of the 5.0 supercharger kits I see are geared towards carburetor setups. Does anyone know of one to be used with the explorer injection setup? So little information out there on this topic
  4. Ranger Thunderbolt?

I know they aren't a performance package, just appearance. Was just wondering, because you never see them.
  5. Anyone have any swaps done to their trucks?

My explorer swapped Ranger gets the same mileage around town as 3.0 did, and does better on the highway. Unless you're whomping on it. Cam, roller rockers, exhaust, headers, MSD Coils and SCT tune probably helps the MPG
  6. Ranger Thunderbolt?

Have a chance to pick one up with 150K miles, 4.0 Supposedly needs an oil pump. I'm guessing it will need a new engine. Trying to decide if picking it up could be profitable or not. If it were a normal ranger, Its in nice enough shape to fetch 4K ish. But I'm not sure if the thunderbolt...
  7. Stick shift 3.0 eating fuel

The later models had the regulator built into the fuel pump assembly, and a fuel pressure dampener on the rail. At first glance, they look the same, but there's no return fuel line on the rail Yours Automatic or stick? I have had both and my stick shift is a whole lot peppier than the...
  8. Stick shift 3.0 eating fuel

The problem was the fuel pressure dampener. The thing was pissing fuel into the vacuum line. Got it fixed, oddly the truck doesn't run any different but I'm back up to around 23 to 25 MPG around town. 🍻
  9. Rear end gear ratio 373 or 410

Cam, roller rocker conversion, TMH headers, custom X3 tunes, MSD coil packs, double roller timing chain set, stock GT40P heads except for the roller rocker conversion. Emissions systems still intact, flowmaster super 40 muffler. Rebuilt OEM bottom end, new OEM pistons. Block had some rust...
  10. Rear end gear ratio 373 or 410

The rears are 295's I believe you are correct on the front size. Because the v6 ranger took a signal from the transmission and sent it to the PCM for the speedometer, I got a BCM out of a 2wd stick shift ranger. That took the ABS signal from the rear end, converts it to a VSS signal to operate...
  11. Rear end gear ratio 373 or 410

I have two completely different sets that I switch back and fourth with when I want to change the look of the truck.
  12. Stick shift 3.0 eating fuel

I probably could have worded that better, what I mean is that I've seen people do some really dumb stuff, and then come onto a forum asking really dumb questions that are painfully obvious. That is a very real possibility I haven't considered. I briefly did over the summer, bad parking...
  13. Stick shift 3.0 eating fuel

Definitely not leaking. Fuel rail is a dampener, not a regulator. I am very familiar with return vs returnless fuel systems. I own a Genisys Evo scanner, used for daily wrenching, no I'm not your average moron 😅 I switched to copper plugs years ago because it cures the spark knock that the...
  14. Rear end gear ratio 373 or 410

This is just a "fun" vehicle at this point. Only driven on the street, never off road. Just trying to weigh my options and decide if I should make the switch. Top speed is irrelevant, same with cruising RPM for MPGs. Stupid thing is, at 75MPH, the v8 does better than the V6, MPG wise.
  15. Rear end gear ratio 373 or 410

Mild build 5.0 engine Explorer 8.8 rear end with disc brakes. I bought the rear end with a 3.55 Switch it over to 3.73 And noticed a bit of a difference, but it wasn't earth-shattering. Since I likely won't be doing any long-distance driving with it anymore, been thinking about switching to...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad