• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by newstylecustoms

1. Quarterhorse for PATS and O2 delete?

Today my son picked up the PATS key, sensor and cylinder from the explorer that the ECU came from. So we have the whole PATS system essentially, will any programming be needed if we use an these parts?
  2. 99 Mustang trans sensor different from Explorer harness

I discovered yesterday the that Explorer harness does not plug in to the speed sensor on the Mustang trans. The connector is different, Mustang looks like an EV6 injector plug and Explorer is totally different. My question is does the polarity of the sensor matter? I can use the Mustang plug but...
  3. 99 2wd 5.0 Swap parts

I discovered yesterday the that Explorer harness does not plug in to the speed sensor on the Mustang trans. The connector is different, Mustang looks like an EV6 injector plug and Explorer is totally different. My question is does the polarity of the sensor matter? I can use the Mustang plug...
  4. Oil pressure sender wire color

1988 Bronco II, after I posted I did find a diagram with the red/white label. This truck does not have a oil pressure guage, just the light.
  5. Oil pressure sender wire color

I would like to connect a factory oil pressure sensor to the 5.0 that is now in my brother-in-law's bronco 2. The problem is I have no idea what color the wire is that runs to the dash for it and none of the diagrams I have found show that wire. If someone could tell me what color wire that is...
  6. Shift lever on 4r70w

Working on a 5.0 swap in 99 Ranger 2wd, trying to use a 99 Mustang v6 4R70W and just discovered that the shift lever is different. Does anyone have good source for another lever? I can probably adapt the lever from the old 4r44 but I don't have any reference point to clock it, anyone have...
  7. Quarterhorse for PATS and O2 delete?

Thanks for this link this is very helpful!
  8. Quarterhorse for PATS and O2 delete?

No we don't have any of the original explorer exhaust. The junk yards cut off the cats and sell them immediately when they receive the trucks.
  9. Quarterhorse for PATS and O2 delete?

I don't think we have two keys for the truck. That might be the flaw in this plan.
  10. Quarterhorse for PATS and O2 delete?

This is the kind of info I was hoping for! Yes it is a 3.0 V6. I googled Forscan and it looks like the PC version is free? So please correct me if I'm wrong but I can add the PATS module with my OBD link and Forscan?
  11. Quarterhorse for PATS and O2 delete?

This is for my son's 99 Ranger
  12. Quarterhorse for PATS and O2 delete?

I can really feel the love in this forum. I didn't intend to purchase cats for this truck, hence the turn off rear o2s. Since this is V8 swap I can't imagine trying to use the factory V6 cats. We don't have inspections in Indiana. Leaving pats in place would mean rekeying the truck from my...
  13. Quarterhorse for PATS and O2 delete?

I am open to recommendations
  14. Quarterhorse for PATS and O2 delete?

I'm a little unclear as to how the quarter horse works to flash the ECM. Does it have to stay connected to keep the program in place? I asked about the quarter horse specifically because I would like to be able to use it to flash this PCM and then move it to another vehicle for more...
  15. Quarterhorse for PATS and O2 delete?

Has anyone here used a Quarterhorse to delete the PATS and rear O2 from an 99 Explorer ECU? I know it is possible but how much of a hassle is it? Opinions welcome.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad