• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by newbietrucker

1. 1/8'ish turn steering play.

Hi, Had my truck for almost 15 years now. Been a charrm, started at 311k km, taken it to 460 or so. It's mostly a personal vehicle, but great for weekends and friend/family/charity favours. I was out driving less than a week ago when I noticed the steering seemed loose : much more play than...
  2. Oxygen Sensors: which brands/models best for drop-in replacement ?

I've a '97 3.0 xlt longbox. It pretty well needs all new sensors, but for now I'm going to replace all the O2's, which OBDII is bitching about. I understand there's 3 of them, 2 pre, 1 post. There seems to be quite a range of prices and manufacturers, and some say "drop in", some "modding...
  3. Right oil for a 350k km Vulcan ?

I purchased the truck a few years ago: I'm not a high mileage driver: got it at 311k and now, a few years later, only have 354k klicks on the odometer. Great truck, starts all the time in any weather, engine's got a good growl and, even with a couple bad sensors, passed its last emissions test...
  4. Are new codes the result of old problems ?

Hi, I had a trashed cam-synchro/sensor replaced and now I'm getting P0401/P0402 (EGR excessive/insufficent flow detected) and P0153 (slow response O2 sensor) codes show up Pending and occasionally popping a CEL. So my question is: Were conditions for the new codes present before the CMP...
  5. Fixed the Cam Synchro, now EGR and O2 codes

First off it's a bloody relief to have a new synchro/cam-sensor in there. But now I've got P0401/P0402 (egr:over/under) and O2 sensor codes (can't remember offhand... [edit: P0153]) that show up in the Pending file, at least one of them usually within 15-20 minutes of starting the vehicle...
  6. hey, what's this thing do ?

I've noticed a few unused connectors here and there... is there a list of what they are ? specificially I'm wondering about the one in the engine compartment, tucked up under the top of the fender by the coolant reservoir: round 1/2" 4hole socket. Another one is a connector coming out of a...
  7. Generic Newb Questions

I've had my vehicle for a month now; I know it needs the cam sensor (P0341) and maybe the synchro changed, and a full maintenance (I've only done oil/filter and rad flush so far); while I'm working up the nerve to tackle the CPS, I've a few queries for the experienced drivers... I'm getting...
  8. G100 ground location ?

Hi, I'm new to the forum here so apologies if I'm posting in the wrong place/manner... I'm trying to find the physical location of "G100" ground in the electrical system which seems to be the common ground for some of the cabin lighting and the infamous "blend door" in the environmental system...
  9. Howdy!

... just picked up a '97 Reg Cab 3.0 Auto... and I'm here to pester people to help me fix it :D

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad