• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by neinnein_nein

1. neinnein_nein

1st gen bench fastener specs

Anybody memorize them off the top of their head? i need to go get a truck that doesn’t have the bench attached and I wanted to pick them up beforehand. I know there’s 4 of them.. Think I read 10mm somewhere?
  2. neinnein_nein

best steering shaft extension/replacement?

oh that's very very cool to hear.. I couldn't go and measure the shaft and took a chance on completely a completely returnable amazon order: 36 splines, 3/4. looks like I'll be able to use my truck soon. edit: I just realized you posted all those measurements up in this thread, wow, my bad..
  3. neinnein_nein

i'm not sure why it doesn't fit. when i pull on the top shaft very hard it won't telescope out to fit into the bottom u-joint more snugly. it connects but as i said just barely. not enough room to put a bolt through there..
  4. neinnein_nein

3" body lift from jeff bronco graveyard. hard to find info on how many splines the ps gearbox has.. I'm thinking I want to build myself a shaft with Borgeson parts. have seen some on other trucks and it seems like a solid upgrade, if a little expensive..
  5. neinnein_nein

No no I do have that adapter! Even with the adapter the shaft came up too short. It barely connects for now but I have visions of myself stepping on it just a little too much and losing ability to steer at 75mph. Not great.
  6. neinnein_nein

Oh nice and the 2nd gen shaft just bolts in at the bottom? Looks like you just shaved off the extension a little. it’s kind of a cleaner look I like it.
  7. neinnein_nein

has anyone replaced the steering shaft on their 1st gen? I need something longer to make up for a body lift, right now it's just barely connecting with the upper shaft. There seems to be a lot of stuff out there. Borgeson seems to make ones that go from rag joint to u joint but which one do I get?
  8. neinnein_nein

Electrical problem after fuel pump install

Thanks a lot guys, I’ll chew on that and look into voltage drop testing.
  9. neinnein_nein

Electrical problem after fuel pump install

I think this will make sense to some of you guys who know more about electricity, it doesn’t to me although I just spent a whole day trying: Engine off, fully charged battery with clean terminals reads 12.7v, kc hilites and headlights work. if I turn ignition key to run or crank, it doesn’t...
  10. neinnein_nein

1st gen steering column after 3inch lift— not long enough despite extension?

I put in the 3inch body lift from Jeff bronco graveyard while doing a swap, put in the extension and the car hasn’t moved since because I’m still working on the engine, but as of now it’s 2 inches short. you guys know if there’s a way to pull on the upper shaft? It ends at the brake booster...
  11. neinnein_nein

2.3L ('83-'97) Efi spark timing way off

found some broken connection to the vane on the harness, rewired the entire signal return ground to make sure it didn’t have hidden shorts. I have 5v in all the right places, continuity between ecm and all connections to all sensors, yet I still get error codes for every single sensor connected...
  12. neinnein_nein

thanks for the diagrams Ron! Looking at videos and doing research, rereading your and Shrans replies and starting to understand more things that didn’t register at first. Thank you both for the info and patience, would be kinda lost without it. I’ve never tested the harness since it came ready...
  13. neinnein_nein

Confused.. I flipped the VAF so it faces the right direction. the VAF sensor reads 5v key on (but I still get an error code 66 saying MAF below minimum voltage) the ECT and knock sensors both gave me 19volts(!) key on. Then I cut the wire that’s a ground to upper manifold and routed it to my...
  14. neinnein_nein

Im thinking of one ground that might not be optimal now that you mention this—the one on the intake manifold bolts. Yeah sorry the full story is I rebuilt a 1988 thunderbird turbo2.3 and put it in my 84 2.0 with a Ron Francis harness. Trying to start her for the first time. Really not a pro but...
  15. neinnein_nein

Wow it’s insane how well you know those engines. So cool. Not sure if it’s good or bad news but the cam is turning and there seems to be healthy tension in the timing belt. I did manage to run a check engine light self-test at the wiring harness and it's giving me the following, but i'm not sure...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad