• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by NCguy

1. Still diving to right after alignment?

Finally fixed park pawl and am back to the steering issue. I have.been working on my lifted wrangler and have learned a bit about steering geometry. This ranger has what seems to be a 4" lift and 33's. As mentioned it pulls to the right and wheel has to be held at all times. While driving I...
  2. A4LD Parking Pawl helpful video //UPDATE//

Update: Took truck to local trans shop and it's Fixed!!! Turns out the parking pawl pin was bent and binding pawl. Shop said someone probably slammed it into park while rolling. New pin installed and total repair cost $220.00
  3. Parking pawl part number ?//UPDATE//

Update: Took truck to local trans shop and it's Fixed!!! Turns out the parking pawl pin was bent and binding pawl. Shop said someone probably slammed it into park while rolling. New pin installed and total repair cost $220.00 As far as the pawl part number...I don't know. I believe the pawl is...
  4. Parking pawl part number ?//UPDATE//

Thanks for the suggestion.
  5. A4LD Parking Pawl helpful video //UPDATE//

My 94 Ranger 4.0, AT, 4x4 shifts fine and goes through all gears park thru 1 at column. Only problem is it rolls in park. First thing I checked because my gear indicatort's not working was the torx screws on steering column which is a common problem.(Google it...there are plenty of write ups)...
  6. Parking pawl part number ?//UPDATE//

Anyone? Hoping to get this ordered by tomorrow. Thanks
  7. Parking pawl part number ?//UPDATE//

Pretty sure my pawl or actuator rod is broke. I finally have it scheduled to fix at local shop. Guy said he rarely sees them broken and it's usually a pin on centering rod or broken rod as I learned on this forum a while back. In order to be ready for my appointment in 10 days I'd like to order...
  8. Replace bearings question

I have a 94 ranger 4x4. It had manual hubs and I don't know if they were original. Since getting the truck I replaced the locking mechanism with warn locking hubs. Anyway, I'm going to replace the bearings on both sides. I need the large socket with teeth to remove the spindle lock nut. Does...
  9. Can anyone identify aftermarket parts from pics?

I just noticed the pivot bracket inner sleeve is 1/4" thick. I did weld for a living years ago and this bracket is no home brew. Some company made it but I doubt I'll ever know who. The tight fit and perfect edges/ bends following the factory bracket would have to be computer controlled.
  10. Can anyone identify aftermarket parts from pics?

Yesterday I thought the driver's side axle beam pivot(on passenger side) was a factory bracket with just a frt and back tab shoved up on the inside. I took a closer look today and it's a very well made inner sleeve...top to bottom frt and back. It also has a tubular support from front to back...
  11. Can anyone identify aftermarket parts from pics?

I think the passenger side bracket looks pretty normal but I agree about driver's side bracket. Looks like it was a 3" drop bracket and someone rigged another 2" section at bottom for a total 5" as previous owner stated. I'll get a better look at stamp and extension tomorrow and post what I find.
  12. Can anyone identify aftermarket parts from pics?

I decided to do a search on axle pivot drop brackets and found quite a few that look like mine. Makers were skyjacker, rough country, dick cepek and a few others. I see in my pics that driver's side bracket has a stamp. I'll check tomorrow. Probably says polaris
  13. Can anyone identify aftermarket parts from pics?

Oh...I thought the springs have it the lift and drop down items were to enable proper movement and angles of stuff. As mentioned though I'm a newb. I added some more pics of plates and extenders...they look factory but I don't kno
  14. Can anyone identify aftermarket parts from pics?

Have a 94 ranger 4x4, AT, 4.0, 5" susp. Lift. Was looking at videos on replacing radius arm bushings. Looked tough especially if riveted. Took a look at mine and just bolts and what looks to be a radius drop bracket. Looks like it will make replacing bushing fairly easy???Here are some pics do...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad