• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by nathantaylor

1. nathantaylor

2.3L ('83-'97) 70MPH Top Speed?

Not sure this is applicable to this thread?
  2. nathantaylor

Rough Country vs. Skyjacker Leveling Kit

Not sure why I didn’t think to do that…. thanks! Looks like the lengths to the shocks I would have gotten are about the same lengths as the ones Skyjacker offers in their kit at half the price.
  3. nathantaylor

Revisiting this idea and I guess what I am looking for is if I were to buy shocks separately say from RockAuto how would I know which ones to buy for the extra 1.5” lift in the front?
  4. nathantaylor

Just wanted to circle back and say I finally was able to do a rear end swap and now have an 8.8 4.10 in there and it wasn’t too hard to make the swap. The truck is running MUCH better so thank you all for your input.
  5. nathantaylor

Thanks! Did a quick Google search and it looks like I have the Twin I Beam suspension. Will the OEM replacement bushing suffice or do I need aftermarket? I'm new to suspension so bare with me....
  6. nathantaylor

Yeah, 1996 but not sure what beamed or drop brackets mean.... Everything is stock. My main concern with Rough country is that it doesn't come with shocks and I am not sure which ones to get to account for the extra 1.5" lift.
  7. nathantaylor

Starting to look at leveling kits and these seem to be the front runners. I am starting to favor the Skyjacker kit since they come with shocks that I assume are tailored for the extra 1.5" lift in front but was hoping to get some input on which one you think is best. Just looking for daily...
  8. nathantaylor

Yeah anytime I remove the gas pedal from the floor on the highway I have to down shift which gets annoying. Maybe I'll change my gear ratio before deciding on my next tire size and see what that does for me.
  9. nathantaylor

90+ in a Ranger sounds terrifying! They are good little trucks though. I probably should have stuck with the 14s but it just didn't look right and my tire sizes were very limited. I am happy with the 15s but I definitely over corrected with the 235/75s. I'll eventually go down to 235/60/R15s and...
  10. nathantaylor

Thanks! I may do that down the road, but am currently without a garage or a driveway so trying to keep my large projects to a minimum until my situation changes.
  11. nathantaylor

Yeah I can usually downshift and get it up just above 70, just seemed like a pretty big power drop off when I "upgraded" my rims/tires and wanted to make sure that was the cause.
  12. nathantaylor

Thanks for the feedback everyone! Sounds like my Ranger is running as it should, just wanted to make sure that was the case. I'll probably just deal with it as is and just go down a couple sizes with the tires when it comes time to replace them. Looked into upgrading the rear axle but it doesn't...
  13. nathantaylor

I was afraid of that, been looking at the complexity of the gear swap.
  14. nathantaylor

I thought about that, haven't had a chance to test yet though.
  15. nathantaylor

I have a 1996 Ford Ranger (Reg Cab, 2.3L, 5spd, 3.45 rear axle) unk mileage. It originally had the stock 195/70R14 tires on it and could go 80+ pretty easily (never went over 80 due to poor suspension and suspect tires). I needed to replace the tires and had some 15" rims decided to upgrade and...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad