• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by -Nate

1. -Nate

2.5L ('98-'01) P0442 rough idle and stalling. Everything checks out.

Thanx, I hope so . The deal is this : I'm a Geezer and can easily fix older things but computers are a first water mystery to me . My friend loaned (perhaps gave) me a code reader, now I have to teach my self how to use it and look at all the different pages of information it can show . I...
  2. -Nate

Oh, yes, i did read . I have a borrowed code reader and plan to use it as soon as I get the time . My truck just flew through the emissions test so I'm betting the E.G.R. valve is dirty and I also want to replace the N02 sensor as Ford says they age out .
  3. -Nate

I dislike having to shogun parts to solve a problem . My CEL came on last week, I'll have to see if my scanner works .
  4. -Nate

Orange/LA County areas, SoCal

That'd work for me . FWIW, no wonder they're going under ~ my Sweet asked me to take her to the sale and guess what ? NOTHING ON SALE WHAT SO EVER . Companies this poorly run deserve to go under .
  5. -Nate

Orange/LA County areas, SoCal

Here's hoping I can make any meet & greet too ,
  6. -Nate

2.5L ('98-'01) Oil pressure sensor in Mazda B2500

Thanx but I don't do facebok .
  7. -Nate

2.5L ('98-'01) Yet another P1506 high idle thread

I'm trying to figure out why there would be any pressure in the differential...... Did I ever mention how much I love this bare bones base model work truck ? I had to go a distance today and fill the bed with good crap I bought at auction, this 20 year old truck just ambles right along and...
  8. -Nate

" there's a little yellow deal in a plastic spoon thing that likely has some dust on it, usually spraying them off is enough... " - how I love technical jargon . I *think* the MAF sensor is at the far end of the air intake hose, right on top of the air filter box, yes ? .
  9. -Nate

Okay, I thought that was the rear ABS sensor, I cleaned it back when I first got the truck, it was filthy .
  10. -Nate

Is there a detailed thread on cleaning the M.A.F. ? . I understand they're delicate .
  11. -Nate

2.5L ('98-'01) about ready to give up and get rid of it

I wonder if it ever got fixed ? . The fuel filter is really important . it takes a $5 tool to remove it . I wonder of a vacuum hose is leaking but you have to do all the basic maintenance first, then you can look for vacuum leaks and run the codes etc .
  12. -Nate

2.5L ('98-'01) about ready to give up and get rid of it

I'm shocked no one looked at that beautiful truck Lefty ! . Mine is nearly as clean but is the total stripper, I love it and here in La La Land every where I go folks ask to buy it . Here there's no shortage of rust free $1,500 Rangers that run well . Our self-service junkyards often look...
  13. -Nate

2.5L ('98-'01) Oil pressure sensor in Mazda B2500

? Can you be a bit more specific as to *exactly* where the 2.5L O.P. switch is ? . I don't see it . TIA,
  14. -Nate

2.5L ('98-'01) OIL GAUGE JUMPING WHEN OIL IS HOT

QUESTION : WHERE is the 2.5L oil pressure switch located ? . I looked online and they said it's near the oil filter . No, it isn't . My presumably original O.P. switch weeps a tiny bit and doesn't turn the gauge on at all until 5 + minutes of driving, I looked but don't -see- the darn thing...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad