• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by myold96

1. what shocks

i need to change the shocks on my 96 ranger what do i need for oem.:icon_pepsi:
  2. ac compressor replacement

my 96 ranger with a 2.3liter engine had ac but it got a bad case of the black death. i saw on e bay a compressor,drier,and orifice tube for about 120 bucks what is the low down on these kits and what should i flush out the system with some guy on you tube used brake cleaner then blew it out...
  3. rering kit

my 96 ranger with 220,000 miles on it will need rebuilding someday,who has the best deal for a rering kit nothing major has been done to the engine just fluid change and tuneup everything else is original including (as far as i know) the timing belt SCARRY. it runs ok now but is getting down on...
  4. 2004 ranger

not sure where to put this but a friend of mine has a 2004 ranger with a 4.0 engine that has a random misfire that causes the engine to idle rough and lose power we have changed the spark plugs wires and coil packs and module,we have added fuel system cleaner and nothing helped thinking of...
  5. what rims

i have a 96 ranger 2wd with 14 inch wheels known as deerhoof rims i had a flat tire the other day and it bent the rim. does ford sell these rims and do bthey make 15 inch versions or would that throw off the speedometer and odometer and gas milage. right now i go about 350 miles on a tank and it...
  6. cylinder no.3 misfire

my 2.3l sometimes misfires under load then i shift down,i've changed the plugs the wires are next followed by the coil pack and ign module because they are original from 96 and i was told the modules go bad after five years or so,should i go aftermarket(accell or ?) or go motorcraft?
  7. header panel

i have a 96 ranger and i hit a deer the other day. thank God i was only going about 20 mph or less, the only thing that got crunched was the grill and the header panel and the stupid deer got up and ran off (no free meat), is it difficult to change the header panel or is this in the wrong...
  8. engine swap

is it possible to put a 3.8l engine in a 96 ranger that has a 2.3l with a 5 spd manual?:icon_confused:
  9. hesitates and chugs sometimes

i have a 96 2.3l that hesitates and chugs sometimes when i pull away from a stop sign it acts like it is constipated, no power,then it will pop and take off just fine. other times it works smooth,i put premium gas to clean out the injectors and did a tuneup the only thing i haven't done is a...
  10. intermittant misfire

every now and then i had a 3rd cyl misfire i changed plugs and wires it went away for a while then i went to the local junk yard and found a 96 like mine and in the truck still installed was a brain box that had been reflashed in 2010 with all the updates for only 15 bucks brought it home...
  11. generations

what is the differance between the generations in the ranger trucks and what headlights will interchange with a 96 ranger.:icon_pepsi:
  12. headlight adjustment.

how do i adjust the headlights on my 96 ranger without special equipment and what size socket or wrench do i use?:icon_pepsi:
  13. downshifting

when i downshift from 2nd to 1st in a manual i have to be going real slow almost to a stop before i can downshift, is this normal.:icon_confused:
  14. my old 96

i am going to the candy store(the local pick and pull) to get stuff for the cruise control . my truck doesn't have it yet but i would like to know what to pick up.:dunno:
  15. my old 96

enjoy your sparkplugs and wires because the rummer is they are doing away with them and going to lasers controlled directly by the computer so no more changing plugs or wires anymore and with the new synthetic oils it will be awhile between oil changes tune ups will be computerized and easier...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad