• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Mylesofsmyles

1. Any Mustang Guru's Here? It's a EEC4 riddle...

My love for the Lima 2.3 has led me to a fox mustang convertible.... It's a 1990.... 2.3 w t5 only runs when i jump power to fuel pumps... i need help figuring out why i need to jump pumps. This place has always been so helpful, when I've needed help with my 85 2.3 ranger...not sure where...
  2. M5od-R1/M5R2 Top Cover/Shifter Interchange

Planning my 302 swap...it's a 2wd 85 Ranger w/ M5od. Apparently the F150 M5r2 has the shifter more forward....will the top cover/shifter assy interchange for proper shifter location in a Ranger?
  3. "Basic" 5.0 in a early Ranger...I'd love some input, critique and direction.

"Basic" 5.0 in a early Ranger...I'd love some input, critique and direction. Planning my route, so I don't tear my truck down for a pile of parts I think I need, or don't... I have a 1985 2.3 EFI Ranger 2wd currently, stock except for a M5od conversion from the old auto I'm looking for a...
  4. Ahh, Stranded and Fuel Pumps don't prime/turn on!!!!!!!

Truck ran great all morning....died on a scary road...just sputtered, stalled and died. Spark good...clearly NO FUEL! Did what I could, road side, and got it running and drove to safety. After further diagnosis....I confirmed both Fuel Pump Relay and EEC Relay both work as they should....even...
  5. '86 Ranger 2.3 - Engine Cut-Out Symptom

It's an intermittent issue, that's never fully stalled the motor. It was very intermittent before, a week or a few ago...now it's more often. I'll be driving through town, low speed, low load, and the engine cuts out for only an instant at a time...seems similar to when my ignition switch...
  6. '92 Explorer 4.0L NO SPARK

I'm at the beginning of my learning curve again, with a new ford... It's a '92 4.0L Explorer...This is a distributor less EDIS ignition NO SPARK... swapped for a known good CPS...no luck swpped for a known EDIS ICM...no luck What should I do next?
  7. Early vs Late Type Brake MC

I'm getting ready to do the hydraulics on my '85 Ranger... It's got a different type MC, with an integrated reservoir, than the later cars with a plastic reservoir, with a cap, and o-ring fitment... Do they interchange? Will my hard lines fit in the later style? THIS: TO THIS:
  8. '85 2.3 Engine...Which Oil Seal Kit?

Looks like April 8-9, 1985 was some kind of changeover year for the 2.3 Engine... I'm trying to get an oil seals kit for the bottom half of my '85 2.3...and I don't have a tag to identify production date of my truck...Ford Dealer can't look back that far either... Any visual ques? My...
  9. M5od in 1st Gen 2.3 Ranger

Long story short, I'm diving into a manual transmission swap, on my '85 2.3 Ranger....automatic transmission died yesterday. I brought home puzzle pieces from three different Rangers, and now I need to make sense of it all, and figure out what I still need. I got the M5od from a '89 2.3...
  10. Front Wheel Bearing Inner Seals...

I'm replacing my front wheel bearings...new rotors, pads & bearings. When I went to the parts house, for new inner seals, they offered two types.. Boretite vs. Non Boretite... They both seem to fit...what's a Boretite seal? FYI, it's a 85 Ranger 2.3L 2wd
  11. '85 Ranger Aftermarket Tach Install/Wiring?

I ordered a 5" tachometer, that I'll mount down by the shifter, on the trans tunnel. My truck came without a tach, but I wonder if all these trucks are prewired for a tach? Can anyone tell me if they KNOW if the wire I need is behind my existing cluster already? If it is, I'd unpin it from...
  12. 83-99 Stainless Steel Brake Lines for Stock Ride Height???

All the brake lines I see, are elongated, for lifted trucks. I'm not lifting my truck...EVER. Anyone know which aftermarket Stainless Steel Brake lines for these trucks, are the closest to STOCK length?
  13. Cartridge Fuel Filter Replacement...WTF?!?!?!?!?!???

I've got the "special" tool for cartridge oil filters, which is just a weird channel-lock plier...cracked the cartridge open, no problem. Guess what? THERE WAS NOOOOOOOOOO FILTER IN THERE from Previous Owner. WOW!!! Slid in the new one, and put the "O" ring where the lip was..."O" ring...
  14. Help with donor vehicle, manual swap on my '85 2.3L

It's 2000 and older that'll work for the transmission, right? Will a second or third generation pedal box bolt in my 85 2.3l? I've been finding 94-96 rangers with blown transmissions, but will it be worth it and have all that I need? Or am I still shopping for first gen pieces to complete it?
  15. '85 2.3L Adjusting Timing?

It's as easy as loosening the distributor bolt and turning it, while you've got your light on, right? Well, according to the sticker on the vehicle, and my manual, there is a connector I'm supposed to disconnect, to disable electronic distributor advance/retard, while setting base timing at...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad