• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by MyBrother'sRanger

1. MyBrother'sRanger

What did you do IN/WITH your Ranger Today?

Drove up Maple Springs Rd (5S04) to near Santiago Peak. Did the 'hard lines' short cut and a steep, 23° climb. Made a video you can watch Oh, and then I washed the truck.
  2. MyBrother'sRanger

Show us your 2019-2020 Ford Ranger

Three wheelin' at Anza Borrego on Saturday, Jan. 8, 2022.
  3. MyBrother'sRanger

Terrain Management

LOL, but technically it's just pushing a button. You only need to turn the dial to get to 4L. And when you turn the dial be sure you've got your fun-o-meter set to the European scale.
  4. MyBrother'sRanger

Terrain Management

The manufacturer cannot void your warranty because you add aftermarket parts to your vehicle. The caveat here is if it can be proven that the aftermarket gear caused the malfunction/breakage. To take the argument to the extreme, would changing tires to a different brand (same size) be reason to...
  5. MyBrother'sRanger

Terrain Management

From the TRUCK INFO you get the PITCH/STEERING/TILT screen Hit the arrow down on the left side of the steering wheel. The POWER DISTRIBUTION has blue boxes under the tires that show where the power is going. In 4WD you get a box under each tire, in 2WD you get a box under the rear tires only.
  6. MyBrother'sRanger

Terrain Management

I received the rotary switch with the terrain management button two weeks ago. I used FORScan to enable the off-road gauges and terrain management modes. the whole thing took about 5 min. I went to the San Gabriel OHV on Sunday to try it out. Results were inconclusive as I didn't have many...
  7. MyBrother'sRanger

What did you do to your 2019 and up Ranger today?

Took my 2021 XLT 4x4 on a gentle off-road drive so I could try out the changes I made with FORScan. Yesterday I activated the off-road gauges (pitch, tilt and steering angle), installed the drive mode rotary switch with terrain management button. Unfortunately the road was so easy I could have...
  8. MyBrother'sRanger

FORScan Terrain Management and off-road gauges

My drive mode switch was delivered today. Cost was US$90. I replaced the 2H/4H/4L rotary switch with the switch with the TM (terrain management) button. I used FORScan to activate off-road gauges and terrain management gauges. Installation was super easy, only took about 5 min. Here is a look at...
  9. MyBrother'sRanger

Forscan

I tried a bunch of settings using FORScan this week. I added the off-road gauges (pitch, roll and steering angle) and changed the splash screen on the center stack from FORD to ST Ford Performance. I switched on DAB radio, then turned it off as it doesn't work in the states. I turned on the...
  10. MyBrother'sRanger

Forscan

Check out this link to the topic Speedometer Calibration/Tire Size in the Forscan forum. https://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=938 If you are needing to recalibrate your speedo for another reason then this may not help.
  11. MyBrother'sRanger

Forscan

Yes, I've got a 2021 and a 1999. Both XLT 4x4. I'm not sure but I don't think FORScan can do much on the older truck except the normal OBD codes.
  12. MyBrother'sRanger

Forscan

I'll let you know next week. I plan to add the off road gauges (pitch, roll and steering angle), activate the terrain management (requires a new switch with the TM button, change the splash screen to RAPTOR or ST. Lots of people, it seems, like to be able to run the fog lamps while the high beam...
  13. MyBrother'sRanger

How do you honestly feel about ford.

I don't think you can generalize and make a convincing argument. I've owned products from Dodge, Chevrolet and Ford. You've got to judge the individual product, every manufacturer has released a loser (Gremlin, Nova, PT Cruiser, Pinto). The worst car I've ever owned is a tie between a Ford...
  14. MyBrother'sRanger

What a difference 22 years make

It is certainly easier to wash the smaller one. I'm 6'6" and I need a box to stand on to wash the roof on the new one.
  15. MyBrother'sRanger

What a difference 22 years make

You could be a bicycle rider. The rule of bike ownership is N+1. N is the number of bikes you currently own and the +1 is the number you need.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad