• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

mxboy349's latest activity

• mxboy349 replied to the thread 95 8.8 LSD Oil Change.
    Castrol 80w-90 Limited Slip GL-5 is what I got.
  • Changing the oil in my 95 8.8 LSD. I got 80w-90 "Limited Slip" oil. Do I need the friction modifier?
  • mxboy349 reacted to RonD's post in the thread 95 4.0 Rough and random idle with Like Like.
    Start with power brake booster and PCV valve, for vacuum leaks
  • mxboy349 replied to the thread 95 4.0 Rough and random idle.
    Well thermostat didn't solve the issue, but it didn't hurt to replace everything as hoses were pretty soft. I am pretty sure heater...
  • mxboy349 reacted to RonD's post in the thread 95 4.0 Rough and random idle with Like Like.
    So no Vacuum leak Yes, new thermostat, dash temp gauge has 200degF as center, operating temp is 190deg, so just below 1/2 is what to...
  • mxboy349 replied to the thread 95 4.0 Rough and random idle.
    Unplugged the IAC when I got home after a 20 minute stop and go drive home. Engine was well warm. The idle definitely changed and was...
  • mxboy349 reacted to franklin2's post in the thread 95 4.0 Rough and random idle with Like Like.
    Some of the 4.0's had a chronic intake gasket problem. There might even be a old TSB out on it.
    All gasoline engines need rich mix and higher idle when cold, called Choke mode in fuel injection systems This is done based on coolant...
  • I have a 4.0 that idles high, 1100-1200ish rpm, then will drop and rough idle 800-900rpm where it will almost die. I have replaced all...
  • mxboy349 replied to the thread Compatible Rear Axle.
    Here is what it sounds like with the wheels off the ground YouTube Vid
    I'm scared as to what my gears look like :unsure:. I have never really towed anything heavy, but it's been neglected. I will find out...
  • mxboy349 reacted to Angie's post in the thread Compatible Rear Axle with Like Like.
    hi if you can track down this book, it could help answer your questions and help give build info. i used this book to guide me through...
  • mxboy349 reacted to scotts90ranger's post in the thread Compatible Rear Axle with Like Like.
    changing the pinion seal isn't too bad, but I guarantee your clunking in the rear is a worn out limited slip since you have one, this is...
    It's a 95 SuperCab, 2 piece drive shaft, I am the original owner. It's not leaking but slight seepage around the cover. It is a LS 3.73...
    None other than when I was replacing u-joints the input shaft had rather large amount of play before the wheels would move or if I...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad