• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by muwaha

1. Engine Conversion to get more tow power

I'm auto-mechanic ignorant so my apologies on not being able to understand fully what you're saying. I know it's going to be an pain to ask you to explain what it means. I would greatly appreciate it. If you don't I understand. I'll try to do some research and see what I can find.
  2. Engine Conversion to get more tow power

Yes. Both trucks are automatic and I understand what you're saying up to the 4.10 haha. I'll check my door tags tomorrow thank you!
  3. Engine Conversion to get more tow power

Hey All, I am not sure if this is the right spot, and my apologies if it's not. I have a 1991 Ford Ranger Supercab (XLT) V6 3.0, and a 2000 Ford Ranger XLT 4.0 OHV. If the engine decides to go in them, I want to do a swap with something that has more power to tow along with durability. I'm...
  4. OBD II Wiring Diagram

@RonD Thank you for that information. I thought that was the case but the Coil Pack screenshots that showed which coil went to which spark plug was what was confusing me. Below is what the difference in the coil packs were, I kept thinking to myself this might be the difference between the OHV...
  5. OBD II Wiring Diagram

Thank you both @RonD and @franklin2. I wiggled the wires right behind the OBD II port and got my 25 year old Actron CP9410 scanner to work, but my Innova 5410 and Launch CR123 refuses to scan for some reason. I already sent a support case to the manufacturers asking why do they not work. My...
  6. OBD II Wiring Diagram

Hey All, I finally got my 2000 Ranger 4.0 OHV fixed. I broke down and took it to the shop.. Turned out to be a clogged catalytic converter. The Mechanic tried his scanner (on top of my Launch, Innova, and Actron) but couldn't get communication from the ECU (is what the scanner says). It won't...
  7. Potential PCM Issue with 2000 V6 4.0 OHV with EFI

Hey All, I wanted to get some input. Now that's it getting warmer, I'm starting to work on my Father In Law 2000 Ranger (again) so he can sell it to me. I had a mechanic friend come over, and basically put his hand over the air intake, then flooded the throttle cable and the truck somewhat...
  8. What all parts do I need for a strut and shock replacement

Hey All, First off, I'm still trying to get use to the lingo so I do apologize if I'm using the wrong name(s). I have a 91 3.0 V6, I want to try to replace the strut and shocks myself but I don't know what to really look for. Can someone give me the rundown of all part names so I know what to...
  9. Check list of a full brake job on a 1991 Ford Ranger 3.0 V6

Thank you! That seems to be about everything I have in my cart with Advance Auto. I replaced the Master Brake Cylinder a few years ago but the dang thing already rusted on the outside like it's been in the truck forever lol. I seen that there may be some special tools (specially for the back)...
  10. Check list of a full brake job on a 1991 Ford Ranger 3.0 V6

Hey all, I want to know if I am overlooking anything on doing a complete brake job on my truck (91 3.0 v6). I know brake shoes and rotors for the front. As for the back, I know drums, caliper kit, pads. As for someone that is doing this for the very first time on a truck (I've had sedans in...
  11. Wiring for Fuel Gauge in Dashboard

@franklin2 I've been doing the odometer triped. I can get up to 300 miles on a Full Tank before needing a refill.. I would love to see how much that is MPG but I can't find any information on how big my tank is. It's a 91 Ranger XLT Supercab (if I didn't mention that earlier). I will try the...
  12. Wiring for Fuel Gauge in Dashboard

Hi All, I was just wondering what wire(s) coming from the Fuel Pump Assembly goes to the Gas Gauge in the Cluster Panel? The Gas Gauge basically just shows whatever it wants, I tried to manually move it to after I made sure the tank was filled, but that doesn't seem to work. The issue was...
  13. Father In Law Ranger Help.. Engine Starts, but dies.. P0118, P0175, P0394, P0453

I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this but I am going to ask it anyways. I cleared all the codes on the truck and I got it running rough yesterday. Well it's not actively throwing any codes for the 2 hours it ran yesterday, but it's not even wanting to start today. The air intake and the air...
  14. Father In Law Ranger Help.. Engine Starts, but dies.. P0118, P0175, P0394, P0453

@Kira Thank you! I apologize for my ignorance on the wrong terminology, I'm trying to teach myself this stuff. I when I switched 4 & 5 and it started, I kinda figured that it was incorrect. My brother in law changed the spark plugs/wires like a month ago, but when I first opened this post is...
  15. Father In Law Ranger Help.. Engine Starts, but dies.. P0118, P0175, P0394, P0453

Update: I messed with the Spark Plug Distrubotor and the thing actually cranked! It was running very rough though. I also found out that my brother in law recently did the spark plugs, but he drove it to/from work for a few weeks before this issue started. The codes it's throwing now are P0453...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad