• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by mtnrgr

1. mtnrgr

What did YOU do today?

Here is some more.
  2. mtnrgr

What did YOU do today?

Went to local show my mechanic hosted. Alot of cool vehicles to look at.
  3. mtnrgr

3.0 starter questions

Thanks for your reply rusty. I decided to have the original starter rebuilt again. The automatic starters are different from the manual transmission. I'm passing on the Aerostar starter.
  4. mtnrgr

3.0 starter questions

Can a starter from an automatic transmission work on a manual transmission? Don't remember if it will, searched online and unable to find any legit information. My starter recently had some issues..had it completely rebuilt around 10 years ago. It was the original Motorcraft starter. Found a...
  5. mtnrgr

1989 Ranger Supercab off road build help

Not many companies around anymore these days that do qualify for these older rangers. The only one still today that had quality is skyjacker. They are a little pricey, they have multiple choices of lift kits and heights. They are worth the price. Good looking ranger.
  6. mtnrgr

Help identifying engine year

It's definitely a 4.0 as others have said. Apparently it was removed from a 94 ranger, that is a 91-94 4.0..can tell from the upper intake manifold. Looking at the front accessories, it most likely came from a 93-94 ranger or explorer. The transmission is an automatic with the torque...
  7. mtnrgr

What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

Went for a long drive on the 44 east today and stopped at certain places to spend more time in nature as it's where I truly belong. Truck did excellent. We both really needed it, and felt good to get some miles.
  8. mtnrgr

Anyone do Genealogy / Ancestry?

My dad's family history is all from Ireland..they settled in Tennessee, and somehow ended up on multiple farms in the great smokey mountains thru time. I do remember some of his ancestors fought in the Civil War, taking it they were in Tennessee they most likely fought on the south end..not...
  9. mtnrgr

Suicidal thoughts...

Hopefully it's nothing, who knows. Several years ago my sister had thyroid cancer, and her Dr did surgery to remove her right thyroid. She has been good.
  10. mtnrgr

Suicidal thoughts...

All yall have been really cool , and my appreciation is completely grateful. Recently had an ultrasound scan done on my throat as a lump was found on it in November from a cat scan when I was in the hospital. My Dr had that done and the results are suspicious. She will be doing more testing...
  11. mtnrgr

My New House & Workshop

Doing a great job on your house and property, I like how your making a home for yourself. Are those husky contractor bags? If they are you can fit anything and everything in those bags. Have used hundreds of those bags thru the years.
  12. mtnrgr

Wanted 93-94 oem tachometer

Not for 130.00
  13. mtnrgr

2.9L JBA Headers and Exhaust Setup

You found the impossible these days..good job. For a muffler there are lots of choices for the older rangers 6 cylinder engine, and I have heard and seen it all over the years..from hack jobs to professional installs. My experience from being around quite a few 2.9's are they sound horrible...
  14. mtnrgr

Wanted 93-94 oem tachometer

I'm looking for another 5500 redline tachometer for a spare that would have come in the 93-94 2.3, 3.0 rangers. Does anyone have one laying around anywhere?
  15. mtnrgr

Project #11 - new daily driver '94 Ranger

I like that..sorta a twin to plumcrazy's truck minus all the dents.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad