• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Mr. Bossley

1. Mr. Bossley

08 FX4 SAS

Ya for sure. All the parts are made by Russell 3AN to 10mm banjo adapter straight - 640471 3AN to 3/8"-24 I.F. adapter - 641291 3AN Brake hose 24" - 656062 They also have different lengths, colors, angles etc. listed on their website. This is just what worked for my setup.
  2. Mr. Bossley

08 FX4 SAS

So I tore out a front brake hose a couple weekends ago on the annual 4x4 toy run. Backed up over a log and broke it right off the caliper. I managed to crimp it with some Vise grips and keep wheeling thankfully. Then when I got home decided to upgrade. I found out you can get adapters to...
  3. Mr. Bossley

08 FX4 SAS

E-brake is all done! Works pretty good.
  4. Mr. Bossley

08 FX4 SAS

So I'm finally working on getting a working e-brake back in my truck. Turns out its not that simple when you have an explorer axle, relocated spring hangers and rock sliders in the way. I guess I have to build some brackets to route the cable away from everything then make an intermediate cable...
  5. Mr. Bossley

08 FX4 SAS

Quick over night camping trip this weekend. Found a wicked spot right on the water and had great weather (y)
  6. Mr. Bossley

08 FX4 SAS

And here it is all done. Went pretty smooth. I had to get new shocks because I moved my mounts up higher on the axle. So I decided to try Bilstein 5125s. So far I like them. A bit softer than the Ranchos I had before.
  7. Mr. Bossley

08 FX4 SAS

The Explorer axle swap is finally under way. So far so good. Also here's what my mini spool looks like after 3 years of abuse. I'm honestly impressed. Not bad for $150.
  8. Mr. Bossley

08 FX4 SAS

Well nothing much is new but I realized I haven't been on here in a while. It's a bit late but the Kootenays trip back in January went pretty well. Got to check out an old mine site. The snow was shit but still fun of course. Lots of shoveling and even some winching. Only thing I've done to...
  9. Mr. Bossley

08 FX4 SAS

I managed to drill all my holes with a regular 18v milwaukee drill and some good hss bits. There was just enough room in there. My arms were sore after but I got it done. I always start with a 1/8" pilot and go up a few sizes at a time from there. Makes it easier to stay on your mark and you...
  10. Mr. Bossley

08 FX4 SAS

That's ok I don't think he's looking for any lol But in all seriousness, that truck goes everywhere mine goes for 1/3 the cost. So he's doing something right.
  11. Mr. Bossley

08 FX4 SAS

Thats my buddies truck he calls Rodney. Front is a fully built Dana 30 with a true trac. Rear is a stock 28 spline 8.8 with a mini spool. 5.13 gears. 37" Toyo MTs. And a stock 4.0 with a 75 shot of Nitrous.
  12. Mr. Bossley

08 FX4 SAS

Ya the 1" tube I used didn't fit that tight so I added the set screw to hopefully prevent them from rattling too much. And I was considering cutting them shorter and getting rid of the cables but I'm gonna leave them for now. We'll see how it goes. They look tacky but if they prevent me from...
  13. Mr. Bossley

08 FX4 SAS

Tube seals are in and mud flaps are done. Ready for our trip next week (y)
  14. Mr. Bossley

08 FX4 SAS

So the truck has been parked for the past couple of weeks. My front axle u joints and driver side hub were toast after my last trip out. So I got those replaced sometime last week. And I ordered some RCV outer axle tube seals which just arrived yesterday. It wasn't fun scraping the mud out from...
  15. Mr. Bossley

08 FX4 SAS

So all my parts came in. Here's how the 8.8 sits right now. Got it all cleaned up, truss and axle tubes are fully welded, spring perches are tacked on hopefully in the right spot, parking brakes are all assembled, brake lines are made, c-clip eliminators are installed and the full spool is...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad