• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by motopete

1. motopete

Bump Stop Pics Request

I'd like to see some pictures of front bump stops at ride hight so I can get some ideas. Thanks
  2. motopete

XJ Coil Swap Questions

I'm swapping to Xj coils, but I have some questions. Some might seem dumb but I need to know why I'm doing it. I see that some guys use a npt plate and nipple, Why? Isn't the tappered end the same size as rbv coils? Why use 1 1/2" pieces when the lower bolt is 1 1/8, is it because it's needs...
  3. motopete

Skyjacker vs BDS coils

I have BDS 6" springs right now. The BDS website has them rated at 410 ppi. Am I being mislead? I keep reading that SJ RBV 6" springs are softest on the market also at 410 ppi. BDS COIL SPRING SPECIFICATIONS Part# 033602 Diam. 0.718 Rate 410 Length 20.00 I.D. 6"
  4. motopete

Length of bump stop with plate bracket

After I did my D35 swap, I cycled my driver side axle to check clearance with the plate bracket. The measurement I got was 71/2". Does that seem excessive, even with a 6" lift? I mean 71/2 + 1 = 81/8" my static hight between the axle and the frame is about 91/2-10" that only leave 1-11/2" of...
  5. motopete

Will this crossmember work?

Wondering if this crossmember will work on a 4X4 with a FM146? http://www.avsontheweb.com/product.php?productid=87&cat=39&page=1
  6. motopete

D28 to D35 swap with 6" lift

Ok I've been searching and reading for a few hours now, and I keep getting different answers. I'm in the middle of swapping a D35 into my 89 STX. I've read that factory lifted Rangers have a different driveshaft than reg. hight do. I know I have a 1350M transfer case, but my driveshaft is a...
  7. motopete

Junkyard Radius arm Brackets?

I've searched and can't find the answer I'm looking for. Which full size radius arm brackets do I want for extended arms, F150 or 250, 2wd or 4wd? I understand that the 2wd ones tuck up tighter to the frame. I'm just not sure what will work and what is best?
  8. motopete

D35 Inner Axle u-joint?

I'm sure this has been covered somewhere but I can't find it. What are you guys using for your D35 inner u-joint? Spicer 760? Also are you putting full circle snap rings? It seems to be a good idea, but is it over kill?
  9. motopete

89 hinge pins

My pins and bushings are shot, but all I can find are 3rd Gen and newer sets. So my question is are they different size or can I use them, or am I stuck trying to find complete hinge assys?
  10. motopete

Fluid in 1350?

How much ATF does a BW1350 take? I want to change the lube, but want to buy enough first.
  11. motopete

Ruff Stuff "Y" link Kit

Would this kit work well with a D35 TTB? Would it be a bolt in and set up or need to mod a bit? http://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/catalog/YLINK.html
  12. motopete

Backup Wiring Help Please

Ok I feel totaly dumb. I've looked at lots of diagrams and can only make half sense on them. Can someone please give me a step by step instructions (in words not pictures) on how to do this? What I want to do is, install two backup lights (tractor lights) using power from the battery with a...
  13. motopete

New rear brakes. Lights still on

The E-Brake and ABS lights were both on. I replaced everything on the backing plates, new lines, bled perfectly, master cyl. full. But lights are still on. Do I need fault codes cleared? Also if you only have the rear lines open do you have to bleed the fronts too?
  14. motopete

D35 abs?

This might be a dumb question but... I'm swapping a 93 D35 into my 89. I want to install a locker, but from what I understand the ABS and nonABS carriers are different sizes. So my question is how do I know if it's ABS or not?
  15. motopete

Clutch Fan Noise

I'm hearing a rattling noise coming from the front of my motor. I think it's coming from the fan. Is it possible for the clutch to make a rattle sound when worn out? Is there bearings in the clutch? Can I replace just the clutch or do I have to buy a whole new fan? Thanks

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad